Re: [scrumdevelopment] How well understood should a PBI or User Story be at various points in its lifecycle?

  • Kevin Callahan
    Message 1 of 60 , Jan 10, 2013
      Hey Ron,

      On Jan 9, 2013, at 4:31 AM, Ron Jeffries wrote:

      Facilitation can be useful, although it is not an official practice in any Agile method of which I am aware. Scrum, in particular, prefers self organization.

      Not sure if you include Agile Coaching as a method; Lyssa Adkins and Michael Spayd have proposed a competency framework for agile coaching which explicitly includes "'process-focused' competencies: coaching and facilitating"

      And I would suggest, and I'm not sure exactly what you mean by "Scrum…prefers self organization" though I've found pragmatically that a team's self-organization is massively leveraged when there's a skilled facilitator in the room. Sometimes that comes from a team member (say the scrum master :); though if the team doesn't have it, I believe there's value in bringing it in.

      -k

      Kevin Callahan
      Scrum Master & Agile Coach
      LiveWorld Inc.

      Mobile+1 (207) 691-2997
      Emailkcallahan@...
      Skypekevmocal
      Webwww.liveworld.com

      Follow UsFacebook Twitter LinkedIn

    • avinap77
      Message 60 of 60 , Jan 12, 2013
        p.s. While we're at it:

        "
        The ScrumMaster acts as a coach for the Scrum Team, helping them to execute the Scrum process. He helps them to work together and to learn the Scrum framework, and protects them from both internal and external distractions. **He may facilitate meetings**, and helps keep the Scrum Team on track, productive, and growing in ability.
        "
        (Agile Atlas, I think you know which page)

        I'm in fact addressing the root cause of this discussion - here:
        https://trello.com/c/fZQC4KfI

        Have a happy week,
        and don't take me too seriousely - I would be deeply offended if you did...

        Avi

        We're not building nuclear missiles, nor promoting world peace.
        It's just software, Try to remember it.