Re: [scrumdevelopment] Re: How well understood should a PBI or User Story be at various points in its lifecycle?

  • Michael James
    Message 1 of 60 , Jan 9, 2013
      On Jan 9, 2013, at 3:54 AM, "avinap77" <avi.naparstek@...> wrote:

      In my experience timeboxing these discussions is one of many things that helps keep focus on the one most important thing to build instead of on the 20 other things that may or may not.

      I haven't been following this closely, but I'm with you on that.  Timeboxing is powerful, especially when combined with those other things I think you're thinking about: having a parking lot for future discussions or activities, having an understanding that we can correct mistakes in the future, knowing that we're making only a small investment in this particular decision (because the Sprint itself is timeboxed).

      --mj
      (Michael)
    • avinap77
      Message 60 of 60 , Jan 12, 2013
        p.s. While we're at it:

        "
        The ScrumMaster acts as a coach for the Scrum Team, helping them to execute the Scrum process. He helps them to work together and to learn the Scrum framework, and protects them from both internal and external distractions. **He may facilitate meetings**, and helps keep the Scrum Team on track, productive, and growing in ability.
        "
        (Agile Atlas, I think you know which page)

        I'm in fact addressing the root cause of this discussion - here:
        https://trello.com/c/fZQC4KfI

        Have a happy week,
        and don't take me too seriousely - I would be deeply offended if you did...

        Avi

        We're not building nuclear missiles, nor promoting world peace.
        It's just software, Try to remember it.