Re: [scrumdevelopment] Re: How well understood should a PBI or User Story be at various points in its lifecycle?

  • George Dinwiddie
    Message 1 of 60 , Jan 9, 2013
      Kurt

      Thanks for summing up. I wish that more people who come here with
      questions would summarize what they've picked up from the answers. It's
      helpful, to me, to let me learn how the answers are coming across. I
      suspect it's helpful to others who have similar questions they haven't
      asked. And it might uncover some misunderstandings that could be addressed.

      - George

      On 1/9/13 2:43 AM, Kurt Häusler wrote:
      > Hi,
      >
      > thanks a lot everyone. The two main takeways I got from the thread were:
      > 1. The user story "conversation" is not a single conversation in the
      > sprint just before development, but several discussions at various
      > points in time.
      > 2. The understanding doesn't have to be, and probably shouldn't be,
      > contained mostly in large word documents prepared several weeks in
      > advance and attached to entries in our electronic scrum-board
      > software. The idea of people writing personal notes seems to fill the
      > gap and I think it will encourage active thinking as well compared to
      > everyone just reading a document that one person wrote when they need
      > it.
      >
      > Thanks everyone.
      >
      > I don't mind if the thread gets hijacked. It is a casual place.

    • avinap77
      Message 60 of 60 , Jan 12, 2013
        p.s. While we're at it:

        "
        The ScrumMaster acts as a coach for the Scrum Team, helping them to execute the Scrum process. He helps them to work together and to learn the Scrum framework, and protects them from both internal and external distractions. **He may facilitate meetings**, and helps keep the Scrum Team on track, productive, and growing in ability.
        "
        (Agile Atlas, I think you know which page)

        I'm in fact addressing the root cause of this discussion - here:
        https://trello.com/c/fZQC4KfI

        Have a happy week,
        and don't take me too seriousely - I would be deeply offended if you did...

        Avi

        We're not building nuclear missiles, nor promoting world peace.
        It's just software, Try to remember it.