Re: How well understood should a PBI or User Story be at various points in its lifecycle?

  • avinap77
    Message 1 of 60 , Jan 9, 2013
      --- In scrumdevelopment@yahoogroups.com, Ron Jeffries wrote:

      > Business-focused conversation, specifically conversation about
      > what's to be built, is almost always done too little, not too much.

      I've personally been to too many meetings where people spent hours (literally hours) talking about what they want to build, ignoring the fact that it would never really happen.

      In my experience timeboxing these discussions is one of many things that helps keep focus on the one most important thing to build instead of on the 20 other things that may or may not.

      So I guess our experiences diverge.
      This does not make what any of us says to be neither true nor false.

      Avi
    • avinap77
      Message 60 of 60 , Jan 12, 2013
        p.s. While we're at it:

        "
        The ScrumMaster acts as a coach for the Scrum Team, helping them to execute the Scrum process. He helps them to work together and to learn the Scrum framework, and protects them from both internal and external distractions. **He may facilitate meetings**, and helps keep the Scrum Team on track, productive, and growing in ability.
        "
        (Agile Atlas, I think you know which page)

        I'm in fact addressing the root cause of this discussion - here:
        https://trello.com/c/fZQC4KfI

        Have a happy week,
        and don't take me too seriousely - I would be deeply offended if you did...

        Avi

        We're not building nuclear missiles, nor promoting world peace.
        It's just software, Try to remember it.