Re: [scrumdevelopment] Re: How well understood should a PBI or User Story be at various points in its lifecycle?

    Message 1 of 60 , Jan 9, 2013
      Hi Avi,

      On Jan 9, 2013, at 1:06 AM, "avinap77" <avi.naparstek@...> wrote:

      The desire - at least as I intended - was to limit //innefficient conversation//, not limit conversation as a general rule.

      But yes - conversation is something that consumes time and energies.
      Just like coding, reading, doing sports, eating and sleeping - the idea is to reach a healthy balance. Do enough of each, don't let just one of them hog all your time.

      Does this address your worries?

      Business-focused conversation, specifically conversation about what's to be built, is almost always done too little, not too much. As such, statements about how much to do should urge people to lean toward more, not toward less. Your advice has come across as pushing for less.
      Wisdom begins when we learn the difference between "that makes no sense" and "I don't understand". -- Mary Doria Russell

    • avinap77
      Message 60 of 60 , Jan 12, 2013
        p.s. While we're at it:

        "
        The ScrumMaster acts as a coach for the Scrum Team, helping them to execute the Scrum process. He helps them to work together and to learn the Scrum framework, and protects them from both internal and external distractions. **He may facilitate meetings**, and helps keep the Scrum Team on track, productive, and growing in ability.
        "
        (Agile Atlas, I think you know which page)

        I'm in fact addressing the root cause of this discussion - here:
        https://trello.com/c/fZQC4KfI

        Have a happy week,
        and don't take me too seriousely - I would be deeply offended if you did...

        Avi

        We're not building nuclear missiles, nor promoting world peace.
        It's just software, Try to remember it.