Re: [scrumdevelopment] Re: New Product Owner, No Agile Experience

  • z00foodagile@gmail.com
    Message 1 of 11 , Dec 10, 2012
      Having just met him, all I know is that he is a Six Sigma black belt and people manager.

      Greg

      gregc <greg@...> wrote:

      Greg R.,

      There are a lot of skills that will help a product owner. Which one's to focus on depend a lot on what skills the product owner already brings to the table. Would you share with us what role your new PO was previously filling and where his skills are strongest?

      Thanks,

      -greg c.

      --- In scrumdevelopment@yahoogroups.com, Greg Robinson <z00foodagile@...> wrote:

      > Hi, I'm working for a team that has a new Product Owner with no Agile
      > experience. As the Scrum Master for this team, I would like to help
      > educate him quickly, but I've never been in a Product Owner role. Can
      > anyone point me in the right direction for getting this person some
      > materials, articles, training courses, etc. that will help get him off the
      > ground running?
      >
      > Thanks in advance.
      > Greg

    • gregc
      Message 2 of 11 , Dec 10, 2012
        Greg R.,

        I'd start with explaining the role to him, what the team expects from him, and what he should expect from the team and let him identify where he might need more support. With that said, I encourage you to spend the time to get to know him more deeply before prescribing any medicine.

        -greg c.