Re: [scrumdevelopment] Re: Completing Stories (i.e. swarming vs filling the pipeline)

  • Michael Vizdos
    Message 1 of 9 , Nov 29, 2012
      [minor high-jacking of the thread ON]

      Watching these types of conversations, I see the point that "release planners" and then Ron's passionate points from almost the other side.

      It is like watching people who speak two different languages try to have a conversation.

      Or... even a person with a little knowledge of the language having a conversation with people who speak it fluently.

      Or... the Shu-Ha-Ri concept (???).

      Both are "right" from their different lenses and viewpoints that they bring to the table.

      Something is missing from "an answer" when both "sides" come from the "I am right" standpoint (btw I am THERE A LOT personally too).

      Observation... I'll continue listening watching and learning.

      [minor high-jacking of the thread OFF]

      - mike vizdos

      Thank you.

      - mike vizdos
         www.michaelvizdos.com/contact

      On Thu, Nov 29, 2012 at 1:36 PM, RonJeffries <ronjeffries@...> wrote:

      Jack,

      On Nov 28, 2012, at 12:38 PM, "JackM" <jack@...> wrote:

      The problem I see with this approach is the most important things get finished later rather than sooner. The whole swarming thing seems un-natural to them.

      If things are important, why are they not being done now? Why is the team working on unimportant things? Is the Product Owner stupidly selecting unimportant things to do?

      Sometimes I give myself admirable advice, but I am incapable of taking it.
      -- Mary Wortley Montagu