Re: [scrumdevelopment] Well done waterfall+agile

  • George Dinwiddie
    Message 1 of 27 , Nov 19, 2012
      Chang,

      On 11/19/12 3:35 AM, changjiang1124@... wrote:

      > Hi guys:
      >
      > I am new to this group, should have much to learn from you guys.
      >
      > I see here we always talk about "customer", does Scrum only fit kinda
      > outsourcing development? What about doing your own products? That means,
      > you will always get feedbacks from your customers, like bugs or wanted
      > features, sometimes you need to reply them within several hours. And you
      > still need to keep pace on your own milestones.

      There is always a customer (or several) even when they're within your
      own organization.

      - George

    • changjiang1124@gmail.com
      Message 2 of 27 , Nov 19, 2012
        Sorry, guys, I will repost this.

        Best regards
        Chang, Jiang

        On Nov 19, 2012, at 10:48 PM, Cass Dalton <cassdalton73@...> wrote:

        This feels like its own question.  You should repost as a new question to the group

        On Nov 19, 2012 9:01 AM, "changjiang1124@..." <changjiang1124@...> wrote:

        Hi guys:

        I am new to this group, should have much to learn from you guys.

        I see here we always talk about "customer", does Scrum only fit kinda outsourcing development? What about doing your own products? That means, you will always get feedbacks from your customers, like bugs or wanted features, sometimes you need to reply them within several hours. And you still need to keep pace on your own milestones.

        Best regards
        Chang, Jiang

        On Nov 17, 2012, at 3:41 AM, RonJeffries <ronjeffries@...> wrote:

        Hi ...

        On Nov 16, 2012, at 2:06 PM, George Dinwiddie <lists@...> wrote:

        I also understand that Agile emerged in places where the customer did
        not know what he/she wanted,

        I suggest that your understanding is not quite correct. Perhaps
        sometimes, but that's not the general case. More commonly, the customer
        DID know what they wanted, but were able to take advantage of things
        learned during development to achieve something better or sooner.

        The first XP project, still one of the best, was payroll. The customer knew EXACTLY what they wanted.
        You never know what is enough unless you know what is more than enough. -- William Blake