Re: [scrumdevelopment] Well done waterfall+agile

  • Cass Dalton
    Message 1 of 27 , Nov 19, 2012

      This feels like its own question.  You should repost as a new question to the group

      On Nov 19, 2012 9:01 AM, "changjiang1124@..." <changjiang1124@...> wrote:

      Hi guys:

      I am new to this group, should have much to learn from you guys.

      I see here we always talk about "customer", does Scrum only fit kinda outsourcing development? What about doing your own products? That means, you will always get feedbacks from your customers, like bugs or wanted features, sometimes you need to reply them within several hours. And you still need to keep pace on your own milestones.

      Best regards
      Chang, Jiang

      On Nov 17, 2012, at 3:41 AM, RonJeffries <ronjeffries@...> wrote:

      Hi ...

      On Nov 16, 2012, at 2:06 PM, George Dinwiddie <lists@...> wrote:

      I also understand that Agile emerged in places where the customer did
      not know what he/she wanted,

      I suggest that your understanding is not quite correct. Perhaps
      sometimes, but that's not the general case. More commonly, the customer
      DID know what they wanted, but were able to take advantage of things
      learned during development to achieve something better or sooner.

      The first XP project, still one of the best, was payroll. The customer knew EXACTLY what they wanted.
      You never know what is enough unless you know what is more than enough. -- William Blake

    • George Dinwiddie
      Message 2 of 27 , Nov 19, 2012
        Chang,

        On 11/19/12 3:35 AM, changjiang1124@... wrote:

        > Hi guys:
        >
        > I am new to this group, should have much to learn from you guys.
        >
        > I see here we always talk about "customer", does Scrum only fit kinda
        > outsourcing development? What about doing your own products? That means,
        > you will always get feedbacks from your customers, like bugs or wanted
        > features, sometimes you need to reply them within several hours. And you
        > still need to keep pace on your own milestones.

        There is always a customer (or several) even when they're within your
        own organization.

        - George

      • changjiang1124@gmail.com