Re: [scrumdevelopment] Scaled Agile Framework(aka SAFe)

  • Jesse Houwing
    Message 1 of 27 , Oct 31, 2012

      Isn't that kind of implicitly caught under people over process?

      Unless of course you're planning a party ;).

      On Oct 31, 2012 6:11 PM, "Adam Sroka" <adam.sroka@...> wrote:

      If I could, I would add another line to the Agile Manifesto that read:

      "Being effective over employing a large number of people"

      Not that jobs are a bad thing, but bigger teams are consistently less effective in my experience, and process does not mitigate that.

      On Tue, Oct 30, 2012 at 2:45 PM, Charles Bradley - Scrum Coach CSP CSM PSM I <chuck-lists2@...> wrote:

      I think this might be considered by some to be off topic, but since it refers to Scrum (esp at the team level), and uses a lot of terminology similar to Scrum, I think it is on topic for this forum.

      Has anyone formed an opinion on the "Scaled Agile Framework" ?

      They also have a certification program with 4 different certs:

      It reminds me a lot of the RUP/Rational type processes, and seems quite heavy in weight, though maybe the target is extremely large companies that need(?) heavy weight processes.  It also "bakes in" hardening iterations -- something I don't like.   It introduces a lot of new terminology: Architectural Epic, Business Epic, Program Backlog, Portfolio Backlog, Team Backlog, System Team, etc.

      I first started hearing about the SAF at Agile2012, and have seen it and its courses advertised more recently.

      Anyway, if anyone has any experiences or opinions on this framework, I'd be interested in hearing them.

      -------
      Charles Bradley
      http://www.ScrumCrazy.com