experience with a parallel test team?

  • xtremenilanjan
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 26, 2012
      Can you share your experience working with a parallel test team, in addition to a scrum team with testers? For a complex product (client server, middleware, security), such a team could work on tasks such as upgrade, migration or more realistic large user scenarios

      Thanks,
      - Nilanjan
    • amit singh malik
      Message 2 of 2 , Oct 28, 2012
        Hello Nilanjan,

        In my last project, we had a separate testing team apart from the development teams, who had dev + QA.
        My development team was using scrum and QA team was using Kanban. Main responsibility of the QA team was to:
        1. maintain and run the regression and sanity suite.
        2. to add more and more acceptance scenario to the regression suite
        3. to complete the pre-conditions for the development QA teams based on the pre-planning meeting
        4. to follow up on the open regression defects so that they can be closed asap
        5. and to fill the development team's QA capacity shortfall if needed due to some emergency.

        I do not think that you need this team from day one. We created this team when we sensed that we were not able to manage the regression suite and needed somebody full time to manage the team. After the creation of this team, our defect management and running of regression suite became smooth. We got several benefits out of this team.

        Thanks & Regards,
        Amit Malik
        +91 9650 33 32 31