Re: New member

  • sydmarkle
    Message 1 of 7 , Oct 24, 2012
      Welcome, I'm a new member as well. Though I've been certified since January and serving as scrum master on a distributed team from Jan - Sept. I recently relocated as we are pulling our teams in (from distributed to co-located). I am finding that co-location is much more efficient. Decisions are made more quickly and the team can collaborate on the fly.

      When distributed, I found scheduling on the phone and video collaboration was helpful to reduce the pain points of not being co-located. It meant long hours on the phone with the team. And there was always entropy to move back towards a mini-waterfall style of working.

      Working distributed was doable, but akin to trying to steer a train with no track. It seems that being co-located just creates a naturally collaborative environment that is easier to keep on track.

      I hope my rambling made sense. And I too am eager to learn from the wisdom of the group.

      Best wishes,
      Sydney