Re: [scrumdevelopment] for a new scrum team do you loose 2 members - po and scrummaster

  • Michael Mallete
    Message 1 of 10 , Oct 19, 2012
      To do Scrum, yes you would need a PO and a Scrum Master. Although no real rule against it, it is going to be very tricky, if not confusing, to have both roles also be performed by development team members. POs can't make decisions on how much work the development team takes. But now being part of the team, that constraint disappears. So the confusion on when is he wearing the PO hat or the team member hat ensues. Ditto for being a Scrum Master/team member. Scrum Masters can never really decide for the team. But as a team member, he can. So which is which?

      So if you do pull the two members out though, you are left with 4 team members. Which is quite low. I would recommend (of course without knowing much of the context) to pullout one member maximum who would fit well to one of the roles, and get someone outside of the team to perform the remaining role. Otherwise, don't break the team at all and get both from outside.

      salamat,
      mike mallete

      On Wed, Oct 17, 2012 at 1:09 PM, xtremenilanjan <nilanjanb@...> wrote:

      Let's say we have a team of 6 - dev + test.

      When we move to an agile team, do we create a full time product owner and a scrum master? Does that mean there are 2 less for development and testing?

      I am assuming both these persons will be different from the main developers in the scrum?

      Thanks,
      - nilanjan