Re: JIRA - tools question

  • curiouschimp
    Message 1 of 47 , Oct 2, 2012
      Oh, we have continuous builds and have working software we 'ship' regularly, as well...

      The idea of test launch/soft launch of a game is definitely a strategy but one that might not be applicable for a high profile IP, because, if Halo was launched in a region (assuming that was even possible) like Canada or SE Asia, well, it'd be big news and blow the marketing release. THat was my point.

      bernie

      Message 47 of 47 , Oct 5, 2012
        In my experiences using and coaching teams using GH, we very rarely even saw/knew about the underlying JIRA system.  90+% of the time we used the card walls("boards", "planning board", etc) and a couple of searches.  We didn't even have to know that JIRA existed, except for some very default/basic administrative config that is shared by both.

        I have really enjoyed numerous Atlassian tools.  I get especially amused when someone tells me about their "Sharepoint wiki."  I show them Confluence, and they usually are completely hooked and realize how much Confluence kicks the pants off of Sharepoint (at least in the way that most dev teams use them).

        -------
        Charles Bradley
        http://www.ScrumCrazy.com