Re: [scrumdevelopment] Re: JIRA - tools question

  • ShriKant Vashishtha
    Message 1 of 47 , Oct 2, 2012
      The problem I see you have is - how to map story points to time and then see where the team is on regular basis. It's bit controversial if time should be considered in story point estimation or not but many people including Mike Kohn really support this idear.

      Please take a look at some good stuff from Kohn which may help you:

      http://www.mountaingoatsoftware.com/blog/why-i-dont-use-story-points-for-sprint-planning

      As far as exact answer to your question, I don't think JIRA provides this functionality or any other tool I know of.

      Kind regards,
      -ShriKant

      Message 47 of 47 , Oct 5, 2012
        In my experiences using and coaching teams using GH, we very rarely even saw/knew about the underlying JIRA system.  90+% of the time we used the card walls("boards", "planning board", etc) and a couple of searches.  We didn't even have to know that JIRA existed, except for some very default/basic administrative config that is shared by both.

        I have really enjoyed numerous Atlassian tools.  I get especially amused when someone tells me about their "Sharepoint wiki."  I show them Confluence, and they usually are completely hooked and realize how much Confluence kicks the pants off of Sharepoint (at least in the way that most dev teams use them).

        -------
        Charles Bradley
        http://www.ScrumCrazy.com