Re: [scrumdevelopment] Re: JIRA - tools question

  • RonJeffries
    Message 1 of 47 , Oct 2, 2012
      Dear Mr Chimp,

      On Oct 2, 2012, at 12:37 AM, "curiouschimp" <bhy@...> wrote:

      I have to say, I am a lurker here, but this thread has been disappointing. So many folks want to make assumptions about our process - that our planning meetings are pointless, that we know what we're doing, that we're wasting our time with scrum. So judgmental based on nearly zero data.

      As I read the thread, none of that has been said.
      You never know what is enough unless you know what is more than enough. -- William Blake

      Message 47 of 47 , Oct 5, 2012
        In my experiences using and coaching teams using GH, we very rarely even saw/knew about the underlying JIRA system.  90+% of the time we used the card walls("boards", "planning board", etc) and a couple of searches.  We didn't even have to know that JIRA existed, except for some very default/basic administrative config that is shared by both.

        I have really enjoyed numerous Atlassian tools.  I get especially amused when someone tells me about their "Sharepoint wiki."  I show them Confluence, and they usually are completely hooked and realize how much Confluence kicks the pants off of Sharepoint (at least in the way that most dev teams use them).

        -------
        Charles Bradley
        http://www.ScrumCrazy.com