Re: [scrumdevelopment] Re: JIRA - tools question

  • Ken 'classmaker' Ritchie
    Message 1 of 47 , Sep 28, 2012
      "curiouschimp" <bhy@...> wrote:

      > My question is pretty simple - I need a task commitments/resource availability summary in a simple hours or days number.

      See Stephanie Stewart's simple "TeamCapacityCalculator.xlsx" spreadsheet, recently posted on her i.am.agile blog.

      Team members post their availability.
      You all take that into sprint planning.
      I hope y'all are *planning together* and by "all" I mean everyone who has an interest in or contributes to the outcome of the sprint!

      Cheers,
      --Ken ;-)
      Message 47 of 47 , Oct 5, 2012
        In my experiences using and coaching teams using GH, we very rarely even saw/knew about the underlying JIRA system.  90+% of the time we used the card walls("boards", "planning board", etc) and a couple of searches.  We didn't even have to know that JIRA existed, except for some very default/basic administrative config that is shared by both.

        I have really enjoyed numerous Atlassian tools.  I get especially amused when someone tells me about their "Sharepoint wiki."  I show them Confluence, and they usually are completely hooked and realize how much Confluence kicks the pants off of Sharepoint (at least in the way that most dev teams use them).

        -------
        Charles Bradley
        http://www.ScrumCrazy.com