JIRA - tools question

  • curiouschimp
    Message 1 of 47 , Sep 25, 2012
      Hey all

      I'm trying to find a good task tracking tool for our team that allows me to do the basic backlog/task creation, user story/epic linkages, and workflow that JIRA does pretty well.

      I also want a simple, per sprint view of:

      <Source>:Task:Time estimated:Time remaining in sprint

      Source could be developer, team (engineering, art), and entire team

      I just want a simple numerical view - I don't want to use the burndown chart, it doesn't work for our team's workflow.

      We're looking at the Tempo plugin, but the easiest tool I've used was Team Foundation Server in my old studio - but new studio doesnt use it.

      My fall back is a JIRA export to XLS, copy/paste into a XLS dashboard, and some pivot tables to do the data lookup. But it seems silly to do that.

      Any advice?
      Message 47 of 47 , Oct 5, 2012
        In my experiences using and coaching teams using GH, we very rarely even saw/knew about the underlying JIRA system.  90+% of the time we used the card walls("boards", "planning board", etc) and a couple of searches.  We didn't even have to know that JIRA existed, except for some very default/basic administrative config that is shared by both.

        I have really enjoyed numerous Atlassian tools.  I get especially amused when someone tells me about their "Sharepoint wiki."  I show them Confluence, and they usually are completely hooked and realize how much Confluence kicks the pants off of Sharepoint (at least in the way that most dev teams use them).

        -------
        Charles Bradley
        http://www.ScrumCrazy.com