Need some answers.

  • devesh.kumar@thomsonreuters.com
    Message 1 of 66 , Aug 29, 2012
      I am being asked to setup agile in totality.

      I know to setup agile development team.

      What I don't know is:
      Agile budgeting,
      How to migrate VPs in agile higher mgmt.
      Agile HR mgmt
      Agile org policy...

      Helps will be appreciated.
      Thank you in adv.
      Best Regards
      Devesh
    • Cass Dalton
      Message 66 of 66 , Sep 26, 2012

        Agreed

        On Sep 26, 2012 3:53 PM, "Kevin Callahan" <kcallahan@...> wrote:

        Hi Jessica, glad that you're speaking up a bit. Here's the scoop as I see it:

        First, this is the Scrum Dev email list, and while I believe that there is certainly room for discussions of other methodologies here, it remains the Scrum list: a place to discuss and deepen our understanding of developing software with Scrum.

        Second, anyone who has been around any agile discussions for any period of time knows that there is some charge between Kanban and Scrum, sometimes this is healthy debate, other times more dogmatic politicking. As with any hot topic on a limited communication medium such as email (different time, different place, no cultural cues, no non-verbal cues, etc, etc), a higher level of conversation is required. Generally speaking, I've seen this latter point as the baseline here: people are curious about each other, and helping each other solve problems.

        Third, knowing these first two things, the main posts you've made on this list are basically along the lines of lobbing inflammatory grenades: a vague link to an article or book *lacking any context of what you have found useful, interesting, or otherwise contributing to the healthy debate* and then typically have gone silent for some time, or in this case responding with what I can only interpret as contemptuous and defensive replies. This behavior is very similar to those lovely folks of the inter webs also known as trolls and does little toward contributing to a collaborative context, or otherwise moving these topics toward healthy debate.

        Finally, I have a personal request for you. If you wish to continue to post to this list topics that you know, or even slightly suspect, will generate controversy, that you give some context about *why* you're posting and *what* you find useful/interesting/thought provoking, and *how* it applies to your understanding of Scrum. This is pretty basic stuff; and it's the anti-pattern to trolling. Hence if you're not a troll, and not here just to stir the pot for the sake of stirring the pot, seems to me you would be willing to step up your game a bit and contribute, because honestly, I've been having a hard time finding a whole lot of value in much of what you have posted.

        Respectfully,

        kevin callahan

        On Sep 22, 2012, at 5:02 PM, jessicacp23 wrote:

        A response from the book author to Kurt's imagination on Kanbandev...

        J.