Re: [scrumdevelopment] Re: Sprint goal with unrelated Sprint Backlog Items

  • RonJeffries
    Message 1 of 6 , Aug 3, 2012
      Hi Bob,

      On Jul 25, 2012, at 5:45 PM, "Bob" <bobbatemansbay@...> wrote:

      I would agree with Jesse's suggestion that you could have shorter sprints and only do work for a single business unit but you could also have the team work stories for several business units during one sprint and have a goal something like 'make business units 1, 2, and 3 happy.' If you choose the latter, the team should try and do one story at a time to help keep focus as needed.

      The trouble with the latter is that it is almost always an inferior strategy. If the stories are tiny and self contained, it can work, but any time we stretch the work over two or more Sprints, we'd have delivered more value by doing one business unit at a time.
      Wisdom begins when we understand the difference between "that makes no sense" and "I don't understand". -- Mary Doria Russell