ScrumForums.com (was Question)

  • Michael Bannen
    Message 1 of 5 , Nov 30, 2004
      Message
      Pilot: As a pilot, over the next 10 days I'm setting up ScrumForums.com as a scrum bulletin board.
      Competition: the site is not intended to be competition w/this list, but rather an exploration of more effective means of supporting greater and more diverse interest in SCRUM. If this functionality is eventually added to the scrum alliance site, then we can shut this site down, or....whatever.
      Moderators: I'm hopeful that some of the very senior Scrum folks on here will agree to moderate.
      Forums: If you have ideas on the initial forums that should be created, please email me.
      Reviewers: If you don't have ideas on topics but are willing to 'vote' on them, please send me your email address and I will contact you off line.
      Push back: please push back if you think this is not a worthwhile exercise. I'll do it anyway, but all feedback is useful.

      - Michael

    • Christian E. Gruber
      Message 2 of 5 , Dec 1 7:33 AM
        Kudos for initiative, Micheal.

        Wow. Lots to think about. Most of which I'll post in a different
        message, since it's about the overall topic. I will just suggest that a
        good moderator is not necessarily an experienced Scrum practitioner,
        though B might often imply A. Good moderators are people who can, in
        the words of an old friend "encourage the meek and quell the
        loquacious". Such a person may but might not be a Scrum old-timer.
        Just keep it all in mind.

        For forum site such as this, I'd recommend a newbie "getting started'
        forum with a "sticky" FAQ, and a regular committment of its moderator to
        comb the thread and pull out FAQ material.

        The only push-back I'd have is that I think having a list in which
        all... er... Scrumbags?... can participate is entirely worthwhile. The
        intimidation factor needs to be addressed, and tangents need to be
        handled, but overall the community building of this sort of forum cannot
        be overestimated. As long as this effect can be replicated in the fora,
        then it's not really push-back, as much as a requirement for the backlog.

        regards,
        Christian Gruber

        Michael Bannen wrote:

        > *_Pilot_*: As a pilot, over the next 10 days I'm setting up
        > ScrumForums.com as a scrum bulletin board.
        > *_Competition_*: the site is _not_ intended to be competition w/this
        > list, but rather an exploration of more effective means of supporting
        > greater and more diverse interest in SCRUM. If this functionality is
        > eventually added to the scrum alliance site, then we can shut this
        > site down, or....whatever.
        > *_Moderators_*: I'm hopeful that some of the very senior Scrum folks
        > on here will agree to moderate.
        > *_Forums_*: If you have ideas on the initial forums that should be
        > created, please email me.
        > *_Reviewers_*: If you don't have ideas on topics but are willing to
        > 'vote' on them, please send me your email address and I will contact
        > you off line.
        > *_Push back_*: please push back if you think this is not a worthwhile
        > exercise. I'll do it anyway, but all feedback is useful.
        >
        > - Michael

      • Gary F
        Message 3 of 5 , Dec 7 9:21 AM
          --- Michael Bannen <mbannen@...> wrote:

          > Pilot: As a pilot, over the next 10 days I'm setting up
          > ScrumForums.com

          "scrumforums.com could not be found." The ten days aren't up. My
          guess is that the DNS entries haven't been made or distributed yet, but
          it might be some other configuration problem. The WhoIS at Network
          Solutions does know about it, so it's not a spelling error.

          Is this just recent, did I miss a note pointing this out, or does the
          lack of any comment on the unavailability of the web site indicate that
          everyone thinks it's a great idea, but no one is actually going to
          check it out?

          Gary

          http://mail.yahoo.com
        • mbannen@topminds.com
          Message 4 of 5 , Dec 7 12:44 PM
            DNS entries haven't populated yet...I don't know what the deal is. I've
            been doing development on another server anyhow.

            Friday you can either go to ScrumForums.com or forums.scrumforums.com.