Re: [scrumdevelopment] Scrum Master Interview Questions

  • Ken 'classmaker' Ritchie
    Message 1 of 5 , Jul 4 8:53 PM
      Agile Scout posted a list for interviewing potential ScrumMasters.
      http://agilescout.com/essential-scrummaster-interview-questions/

      Also see Scrumology for a list you can use to screen the potential employer.
      http://www.scrumology.net/2009/07/05/10-questions-for-your-scrummaster-interview/

      Remember, an inter-view should be a two-way discovery conversation.

      Good luck!
      --Ken ;-)

      Ken Ritchie (Atlanta, GA)

      On Jul 4, 2012, at 23:18, Peeyush Rathkanthiwar <peeyush77@...> wrote:

      Hi,

      Can some one provide essential interview questions for the position of scrum master. That would certainly help...

      Thanks in advance...

      PR

      Sent from my iPad

    • Don Gray
      Message 2 of 5 , Jul 5 11:32 AM
        Johanna,

        > Have you done a job analysis for *your* Scrum Master?

        This begs the question: what about the team? If the team exists, how
        does the ScrumMaster interact with them? A client asked me to work with
        a "dysfunctional team" as the ScrumMaster. I found the team not
        dysfunctional. It did have two very strong personalities. Helping them
        understand their "team" nature helped them work together better.

        > Some act more like a project manager,

        And this applies to the ScrumMaster prior to me. The team ejected him
        after 10 weeks.

        > some don't. Some work closely with the product owner/customer, some
        > work more closely with a team.

        This may be true. I don't see it as either/or. I like Michael James'
        Example Checklist for ScrumMasters
        http://www.scrummasterchecklist.org/pdf/scrummaster_checklist09.pdf I
        share it with every ScrumMaster I work with.

        At the risk of hijacking the thread: What should a ScrumMaster do? As I
        remember my CSM class it includes:

        1. Facilitate the five ceremonies.
        2. Help the team remove impediments.

        Most companies I work with add more. Probably because they don't
        understand what "removing impediments" includes. See Michael's list for
        some ideas.

        --
        Don Gray (336)414-4645
        http://www.donaldegray.com

        He who knows others is clever;
        He who knows himself is enlightened.
        Lao-Tzu

        Learn about yourself at the AYE Conference
        AYE: Exploring Human Systems in Action http://www.AYEconference.com
        Nov 4 - 8, 2012
      • Mark Levison
        Message 3 of 5 , Jul 5 11:41 AM
          Interesting I suggest that teams/PO be the one's to interview potential ScrumMaster's. They will be the ones to work most closely with that person.

          Cheers
          Mark
        • Pierre Neis
          Message 4 of 5 , Jul 5 2:01 PM
            Hi

            Pierre E. Neis Scrum/Lean Improver

            WE & Co , the Collab Lab |  PLöRK
            Mobile: (+352) 661 SCRUMS
            Luxembourg - Brussels - Paris - Zürich - London - Amsterdam - Barcelona - Saigon

            http://meetwith.me/pierreneis

            Blogger Twitter LinkedIn SlideShare XING Google Plus Viadeo
            Contact me: Skype pierre.neis
            TwitterLatest tweet: Play 4 Agile for a better world! is out! http://t.co/Kxq7mhDM Follow @elPedroMajor Reply Retweet   19:35 Jul-05