Re: [scrumdevelopment] Should Teams Go for Multiple Demos within a Sprint?

    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 28, 2012
      Avienaash,

      I essentially agree with you, though I don't call it "multiple demos" because I think that it is a waterfall habit to think that a Sprint Review is just a demo.  Calling it "multiple demos" might convey that there are multiple sprint reviews or that a Sprint Review is just a demo, etc.  I cover more about what a Sprint Review really is here:
      http://www.scrumcrazy.com/Executive+Summary+-+The+Sprint+Review

      So, while I don't agree with your naming, I also don't like to get caught up on naming conflicts.  I do agree with your premise.

      I consider it to be a User Story best practice to obtain immediate PO acceptance on stories, as soon as the Dev Team thinks they are complete, preferably within one hour of Dev Team completion.  In many ways, this is analogous to your "many demos" premise.

      From your article:  "Sprint end demo should NOT be the place where you are showcasing the product for the first time to your Product Owner(PO)"

      I completely agree and believe this to be a Scrum Worst practice.  I cover more of my thoughts on that topic here:
      http://www.scrumcrazy.com/Worst+Practice+-+The+Sprint+Review+as+a+Signoff+Meeting

      -------
      Charles Bradley
      http://www.ScrumCrazy.com