Re: [scrumdevelopment] At what point does one "re-form" a team

  • Kevin Callahan
    Message 1 of 4 , Jun 20, 2012
      Putting on my coaching hat :)

      I would suggest that any time the team's work changes substantially or the membership changes at all, it is helpful to have some sort of acknowledgement of that and a reforming. I believe that membership changes include PO and SM rotation.

      The reform could be very quick, or it might be more in depth and ongoing. It could even be when a team has been together for some time and just needs to reinspect its own practice (I did this with one of the teams I joined as SM that had been together for a year).

      I think the most important thing is to be able to read how the team is handling change and then choosing appropriate actions to support them moving through the change productively. And that gets into such a case-by-case situation that it's difficult to get into much more detail…

      Hope that helps!

      -k

      On Jun 20, 2012, at 11:07 AM, Michael Tibbert wrote:

      I have been doing team formations when;
      - The products the team works on changes (i.e. different products introduced or removed to/from the team) or
      - The team members change by 50%

      We have two developers joining a team of 5 making it a team of 7. The products the team will be working on will not change. Would this require a team formation exercise?

      Any thoughts.

      Thanks to all

      Kevin Callahan, CSP
      Scrum Master