Re: [scrumdevelopment] Industry Software Requirements Specification for New Product

  • RonJeffries
    Message 1 of 12 , Jun 11, 2012
      Hi Cass,

      On Jun 10, 2012, at 6:56 PM, Cass Dalton wrote:

      Agreed.  Your questions imply a traditional approach.  However, it does bring up the question of what types and level  of documentation are appropriate for an agile team.  Assuming that the product backlog is your living requirements document, how much effort should an agile team be putting into documentation?

      Not a good assumption IMO. The backlog can be thought to be the requirements. It is not the requirements document. And they're not requirements, because things are on there that should never be done, and things that will be done that are not on the backlog (until late on).

      The PO should specify what documentation they want and treat it as work. Note that every bit of documentation is a bit of software that will not be written.

      Ron Jeffries
      I'm not bad, I'm just drawn that way.  -- Jessica Rabbit