Re: Root Cause Analysis and Troubleshooting

  • Bob
    Message 1 of 2 , May 14, 2012
      Hi Michael,

      You may wish to look at CMMI "Causal Analysis and Resolution" as another reference.

      However, I think prevention is the best tactic to avoid 'misbehaviour'. You should probably ensure the user stories are small and add only the tinest bit of new functionality at a time so the team can make an assessment on regression. You should also try to automate acceptance/system/user testing so to catch regression in the daily build. You may wish to assess the complexity and judge whether it's too complex and in need of refactoring.

      Bob Boyd
      http://implementingagile.blogspot.com/