Re: Sprint review - Too late to influence Product Backlog?

  • Bob
    Message 1 of 11 , May 2, 2012
      Hi Matt,

      My first post seems to have gotten lost so I try again.

      A change in sprint review attendees may help. The sprint review is a means for Scrum Teams and stakeholders to identify and initiate change in the next sprint but doesn't mean change will occur. When we first started Scrum, we didn't get a whole lot of inspiration out of the reviews but once we started inviting sales, marketing, and support, the people who interact with actual customers the most, we began getting a host of new ideas and suggestions for improvements during the reviews. Our problem was that the Product Owner sometimes represented very few or only one customer whereas sales, marketing, and support represent both existing and potentially new customers; a much wider field.

      Bob Boyd
      http://implementingagile.blogspot.com/