Re: [scrumdevelopment] Stories written in 'Cucumber'

  • Rudra Tripathy
    Message 1 of 13 , Apr 15, 2012
      May be following observations would be helpful.

       CTO should not try to establish the communication medium. He should trust PO for the product. Though scrum doesn't support these type of documentations- but CTO may be right depending on the culture of the business/organization, hence he should give freedom to evaluate his suggestion rather than imposing the suggestion

      Thanks and Regards,
      Rudra

      From: Pito Salas <pitosalas@...>
      To: scrumdevelopment@yahoogroups.com
      Date: Friday, April 13, 2012 6:35:03 PM
      Subject: Stories written in &apos;Cucumber&apos;

      I had a hard time deciding what forum to post this question to because it crosses boundaries - Ruby on Rails <-> Scrum/Agile.

      I was just talking to a CTO friend of mine who said that they were 'trying something  new' - asking the product management/marketing people to submit all their requirements in the 'cucumber' form - the theory being that this would force them to think carefully about all the detailed ramifications of their 'stories.'

      My gut reaction was .... Before I give my own gut reaction, I was wondering what folks here think of that idea. Any opinions? (Hope this is not a flame-war fodder, as this is a sincere looking for arguments pro/con for this process :)

      -- Pito