Scrum Extension Proposal - Planning Card Game

  • davidmstarr
    Message 1 of 44 , Apr 10 3:54 PM
      This thread is the community conversation thread for a proposal to extend Scrum, Planning Card Game.

      As you may know, Scrum.org hosts the Scrum Guide, which defines the Scrum framework. Scrum Extensions are prescriptive guidance that goes beyond the Scrum framework to offer suggestions for how Scrum Teams can improve their practice within specific contexts.

      Scrum Extensions are authored and submitted by Scrum practitioners and published for consideration by the Scrum community in an open forum. Anyone may propose an extension.
      Please provide the extension author with feedback via this thread, or directly via email. All conversation is encouraged to occur in public and in the open.  We all want the vetting process for Scrum Extensions to be transparent.

    • Jonathan
      Message 44 of 44 , Jun 11, 2012
        Hi,

        Having read the proposal I would like more information on how the estimates are baselined. In previous projects we have used relative estimation and assumed that 5 represents the effort for a medium sized feature but I have also heard that others use 1 for a small feature. From my POV it seems more logical to use 5 as you can take a view on things smaller and larger whereas 1 the only was is up.

        My felling is that the better the team's baseline then the better the estimation, and once chosen it would be hard to re-baseline - if that is even a word :)

        Regards,

        Jon