RE: [scrumdevelopment] Re: Scrum models - Type A, Type B, Type C

  • Shimmings, Ian
    Message 1 of 19 , Nov 23, 2004

      Deb

      We did just that – blockages were on the big whiteboard at the front of the room and were mentioned every Scrum stand-up until they were sorted.  It didn’t mean everything was fixed the next day, but I’m sure they were resolved faster than if they had been hidden in the Scrum Master’s workbook.

      Ian

      --- In scrumdevelopment@yahoogroups.com , "Jeff Sutherland"
      <jeff.sutherland@c...> wrote:

      > (As an aside, I noticed that new Scrum Masters do not track and
      > eliminate blocks as aggressively as they track the backlog. The team
      > needs to hold the Scrum Master responsible for eliminating blocks,
      > particularly those outside the team. They should track them like
      > backlog and have the Scrum Master report status on them at every
      > meeting.)

      Guilty! And you know, I think if we had, it would have made the "use"
      of the Scrum meetings more apparent to team members. We should have
      whiteboarded all blockages and crossed them off visibly as resolved.
      Might have addressed the problem of blockages that slide along for too
      many days, too.

      I resolve to do this next time!

      This e-mail has been scanned for viruses by MessageLabs. The information contained in this message is confidential and is intended for the addressee only. If you have received this message in error, please notify Conchango plc as soon as possible. The unauthorised use, disclosure, copying or alteration of this message is prohibited and may be unlawful. The internet cannot guarantee the integrity of this message and therefore Conchango plc will not be liable for the message if modified.

      Reg. Heritage House, Church Road, Egham, Surrey, TW20 9QD T 44 (0) 1784 222 222 F 44 (0) 1784 222 200 E talktous@... No. 2598884