RE: [scrumdevelopment] Re: Scrum and XP [cube space]

  • Gary F
    Message 1 of 40 , Nov 22, 2004
      --- Jean Tabaka <jet@...> wrote:

      > I agree with Mike. Think of IM as a "Blackberry" for your computer.
      > Use
      > short simple messages as alerts, but don't try to engage in useful
      > problem solving. Otherwise, IM messages are a distraction, and a

      I agree with most of this, and indeed I used to avoid IM at all costs
      because of its distracting nature.

      However, it's used heavily at my current contract, largely because the
      engineering team is separated to opposite ends of the building, and at
      least one member often works from home. It is useful for finding
      answers to questions that another team member can be expected to know.
      And fortunately, my current client (Trillian) can be ignored easily
      when I'm working on something else.

      Nevertheless, I think it will fall out of use starting next month, when
      we move to new quarters with a bullpen design.

      Gary

      http://my.yahoo.com
    • Gary F
      Message 40 of 40 , Nov 22, 2004