Re: [scrumdevelopment] Coaching job descriptions

  • Adam Sroka
    Message 1 of 9 , Mar 18, 2012
      P.S. Ron Jeffries is sometimes credited as the first XP coach because he took on the role informally during the C3 project. That predates the Scrum Alliance by several years, and the CSC program by several more. Ron is not a CSC.

      I believe that there are still about as many XP coaches as Scrum coaches worldwide, but I haven't attempted to actually count them. There are also a growing number of people with project management backgrounds who are entering the coaching community every year (And they bring value to the community, IMO, although the rapid growth and shift in perspective are both challenges.)

      On Sun, Mar 18, 2012 at 4:59 PM, Adam Sroka <adam.sroka@...> wrote:
      Except the use of the term "coach" in the Agile community predates it's use by the Scrum Alliance by several years. There are a lot of people out there calling themselves coaches who have a legitimate right to use the term for historical reasons. And then there are the CSCs, who are a small group with a lot of overlap. They are a tiny subset of the coaching community, actually.

      Charles effectively describes one kind of coach. That kind is useful and is legitimately called a coach for a number of reasons. There are a number of other folks who are legitimately called coaches but have very different backgrounds and roles. All of the Certified Scrum Coaches I know are among them, but there are many, many good coaches who are not CSCs.

      On Thu, Mar 15, 2012 at 8:47 AM, Pierre Neis <pierreneis@...> wrote:

      Interesting POV Charles. CSC is the certification level from the Scrum AlliAnce. The purpose of a Scrum Coach is a above the project and it's supporting the scrum adoption.

       Pierre Neis
      Mobile Device

      Le 15 mars 2012 à 16:03, Charles Bradley - Scrum Coach CSM PSM I <chuck-lists2@...> a écrit :

      Funny you asked that, but essentially, see "Scrum Coach" here:
      Charles Bradley