Re: [scrumdevelopment] Skills required for a Technical Scrum Master

  • Angel Java Lopez
    Message 1 of 25 , Mar 15, 2012
      If the team needs or wants to learn TDD, I see ScrumMaster as a facilitator, coach of self-organization, saying: "Great, how we can improve in that area, at work?", maybe suggesting some approaches, but not necessarily taking the role "TDD Teacher". Maybe yes, maybe not.

      On Thu, Mar 15, 2012 at 6:58 AM, Malcolm Anderson <malcolm.b.anderson@...> wrote:

      Joshua

      I wish you the best of luck.

      Scrum is not a silver bullet and "Technical Scrum Master" is not a real role, no matter what your client prefers.

      What you are describing has all the makings of a great Scrum-Train-Wreck.

      This will probably not end well for the client though it may take 9-18 months for the wreck to happen.

      Malcolm

      On Tue, Mar 13, 2012 at 8:08 PM, Joshua Partogi <joshua.java@...> wrote:

      Hi,

      I know that technical skills is not mandatory for a Scrum Master. But one client of mine prefers a Scrum Master who is technically competent. What skills do you think is required for a Technical Scrum Master. Thank you for your feedback.

      --
      @jpartogi

      --

      Malcolm Anderson