How to cope with two different views about the same product?

  • Eduardo Cristiano Negrão
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 27, 2012
      Hello everyone!

      I am the Scrum Master on a project that aims to build a software to a specific segment inside the health care area.

      The problem is: I have a P.O who made the view and initial Product Backlog with the customer A, who is the first sponsor of the product, but now, it appears a second interested on the same product but with different interests and internal reality for its usage, this is the costumer B. B wants to change the major aspects of the planning of the project and the view of the product as well.

      How can I help the P.O to deal with this situation in a best manner?

      Is it good to advice the P.O to make A get to know B in order to cope with this planning easier?

      I await your return and already thank you guys for the attention.

      Sincerely,

      --
      Eduardo Cristiano Negrão - eduardocnegrao@...

    • Pierre Neis
      Message 2 of 3 , Mar 1, 2012
        This is standard.

        The questions you must clear are:
        • is it still the same product?
        • is it a core product with 2 different customization?
        • is the new customization an handicap? an impediments?
        • transform the user stories in PBL items or features.
        Raising problems:
        • more complexity
        • more risks
        • multi-tasking
        • no standardization
        How to start?
        • keep one PBL till necessary
        • be clear with Product Management: core product + customs

        Pierre E. Neis Agile/Lean Coach, coPROcess S.A.
         | Mobile: (+352) 661 727 867
        http://meetwith.me/pierreneis

        Blogger Twitter LinkedIn SlideShare XING Google Plus
        Contact me: Skype pierre.neis
        TwitterLatest tweet: dis donc, c'est l'anniversaire de Laurent Morisseau aujourd'hui! Big up! Follow @elPedroMajor Reply Retweet   16:17 Mar-01
        Save a tree - kill a beaver

        2012/2/27 Eduardo Cristiano Negrão <eduardocnegrao@...>

[...]