Re: [scrumdevelopment] Re: Minimum Viable Product

  • Ram Srinivasan
    Message 1 of 11 , Feb 20, 2012
      Thanks Roman. Thanks for the clarification. What are your thoughts on Innovation games, which can be used for primary market research ?

      On Mon, Feb 20, 2012 at 1:40 PM, Roman Pichler <roman.pichler@...> wrote:

      Hi Ram,

      The minimal viable product is a concept that is particularly helpful when you are trying to discover if there is a market for a new product.

      The Kano model assumes that you already know your target group and are therefore in apposition to understand the relationship between feature presence and customer satisfaction.

      Best regards,
      Roman

      --- In scrumdevelopment@yahoogroups.com, Ram Srinivasan <vasan.ram@...> wrote:

      > One way to understand user needs is to do a Kano analysis to find the
      > threshold ( minimum needed) features. Agile estimating and planning (Mike
      > Cohn) is one of the books that I know of, which explains Kano analysis
      >
      > Ram
      >
      > --
      > Sent from a phone that often corrects words I tapped (or "swyped" ) to
      > words I may not have meant.
      > On Feb 4, 2012 12:48 PM, "mayank gupta" <mayankgupta_in@...> wrote:
      >
      > > **

      > > Hello,
      > >
      > > How do you help someone understand the concept of Minimum Viable Product?
      > > I guess, in principle, it is easy to explain but how does one explain with
      > > some real examples?
      > >
      > > Regards,
      > > Mayank

    • Victor Hugo de Oliveira
      Message 2 of 11 , Mar 1, 2012
        Hello,

           To explain the concept to someone that wants to do a project, I'd recommend doing an exercise over the proposed project considering less and less available budget. There is nothing like a limited budget to get the concept right.

        --
        Atenciosamente,
        Victor Hugo de Oliveira

        @v_oliv
        Scrum & Agile Blog
        http://csvo.wordpress.com

      • Roman Pichler
        Message 3 of 11 , Mar 2, 2012
          I would suggest to keep the upfront market research to a minimum in Scrum. Aim to quickly create a product increment, expose it to the users, and analyse their feedback. This allows you to learn what your users really need and how you can best address their needs.

          If innovation games help you in this process then use them. But be aware that your initial product backlog should resemble a collection of ideas rather than hard and fast requirements:

          http://www.romanpichler.com/blog/product-backlog/product-backlog-learning-tool/

          Does this help?