Re: What tools do people use for managing user story development?

  • David Karr
    Message 1 of 10 , Feb 15, 2012
      On Fri, Feb 3, 2012 at 12:57 PM, David Karr <davidmichaelkarr@...> wrote:
      > This isn't really a scrum question, but I imagine people here would
      > have some information about this.
      >
      > I'm investigating what software tools a new agile team might consider,
      > but outside of the realm of developing and testing the software
      > itself.  For instance, do people typically use software tools
      > specifically for managing user story development on a team, or do they
      > just cobble together Word documents or wiki pages?

      We already use Atlassian JIRA for issue tracking and CA Clarity for
      project tracking. Does anyone have any direct or indirect experience
      with either Atlassian GreenHopper or whatever CA suggests to use for
      agile project tracking inside Clarity?
    • David Koontz
      Message 2 of 10 , Mar 1, 2012
        I've seen Mind-mapping tools used.  But the best tool is pen & paper and lots of wall space.  If you can visualize it on the wall - then your team can have valuable conversations about the backlog.  The direction the PO is taking the product, etc.  You could even start to use Story Mapping techniques to tell the story of the user task that the next release was going to solve.

        D a v i d   K o o n t z

      • JackM
        Message 3 of 10 , Mar 1, 2012
          Cards and a Scrum Board works great.

          Stories can be captured in excel and you can templatize the backlog in excel pretty easily

          Tools like Agilebuddy are great for small teams.

          Jack