Re: [scrumdevelopment] Launching a new team on Agile / Scrum

  • Mohamed Ibrahim Omar
    Message 1 of 6 , Feb 1, 2012
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_profilepage&v=TWSXETDWGQ4
      This intro could help.

      On Wed, Feb 1, 2012 at 2:59 PM, Don McGreal <mail@...> wrote:

      Hi Michael,

      Two quick and powerful techniques I use all the time are:

      Presto Manifesto (http://tastycupcakes.org/2009/06/presto-manifesto/) where teams effectively build their own manifesto, which we can then link to the agile manifesto values.

      Pocket-sized Principles (http://tastycupcakes.org/2010/01/pocket-sized-principles/) which is the 'cringe-y' technique you mentioned. It gets people discussing and thinking about the agile principles for themselves.

      Both are great ice breakers that can set the stage for an agile and scrum talk.

      Don McGreal

      On Feb 1, 2012, at 6:13 AM, Michael Jones <michaelhardwinjones@...> wrote:

      Hi all,

      We're about to launch a new team on a new stream of work and we're going to be using Scrum.

      Some team members (the minority) have used Scrum before. Also, some have worked with each other, others are newbies.

      So my question is, before going into the first sprint planning, do you have any ideas on how to give a team a good introduction to Agile and get them into the right mindset?

      E.g. would you deliver a presentation detailing the ethos and the process artefacts etc? How do you make it more interactive and get the team to internalise the values?

      Is it reasonable to ask them to read the manifesto, scrum guide, etc?

      (some ideas we discussed here were getting them to convert each point in the Agile manifesto to 3 key words, etc - a bit cringe-y perhaps, but good as an icebreaker)

      Thanks for any ideas!
      Michael

      --
      Thanks & Best Regards,