Agile and Enterprise Architecture ?

  • Ram Srinivasan
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 28, 2012
      Agile advocates delivering business value as frequently as possible (from few weeks to not more than few months ). I have also read ( I think, Bas Vode and Craig Larman, but not too sure) that starting with a small team (or a small project ) is much more valuable than going with a Big Up Front Design and taking on a large project. Mike Cohn talks about "a tracer bullet approach" for user stories where the implementation of the story cuts across all the layers associated with the story (just like cutting a cake)

      My question is does enterprise architecture (usually seen as BUFD ) add  business value (specifically frameworks like TOGAF, Zachman or DoDAF )? If so how ? Also, can someone point me to any case  studies / papers where organizations have successfully implemented an EA framework in an agile context ?

      Thanks,
      Ram