Re: [scrumdevelopment] misconceptions

  • RonJeffries
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 15, 2011
      Hi Michael,

      On Dec 14, 2011, at 11:42 PM, Michael James wrote:

      Recent posts on this board contain fundamental misconceptions about Scrum's definitions from people who haven't bothered to read Ken's books or listen to people who've done Scrum for years and helped get Scrum going in dozens of organizations.  If the posters seemed more interested in learning I'd be more willing to explain, but I'm not getting that sense, so I'm probably not going to put much energy into it.

      I think it would be more valuable, although more trouble, if we do call out specific misconceptions rather than issue blanket indictments. We should try to be polite and say that this statement here is wrong, not that the author of the statement "hasn't bothered" or "hasn't listened".

      I'm not very good at the above. I'll appreciate help doing it and I'd like others to do it as well.

      Thanks,

      Yin and Yang I figure.
        -- Tom Jeffries