Poll results for scrumdevelopment

  • scrumdevelopment@yahoogroups.com
    Message 1 of 22 , Nov 16, 2004
      The following scrumdevelopment poll is now closed. Here are the
      final results:

      POLL QUESTION: Would you like to have a Scrum Help Desk
      to which you could sent questions and
      from which you would get clear and
      defined answers written by experienced
      Scrum Masters?

      CHOICES AND RESULTS
      - Yes - I would highly appreciate such a service, 8 votes, 40.00%
      - Yes - I would appreciate such a service, 7 votes, 35.00%
      - No - I would not like to have such a service, 5 votes, 25.00%
      - No - I would not have such a service at all, 0 votes, 0.00%
      - I do not care - stupid Idea, 0 votes, 0.00%

      http://groups.yahoo.com/group/scrumdevelopment

      http://help.yahoo.com/help/us/groups/
    • Hubert Smits
      Message 2 of 22 , Nov 16, 2004
        Hey, this is interesting. Five 'No' voters. Would any of you explain
        why you don't like the idea? Can it be adapted?

        And also 15 'Yessirs', Boris: how do we go about it? Are we now hiring
        handsome young folk to smile and answer phonecalls?

        --Hubert

        On 17 Nov 2004 02:58:09 -0000, scrumdevelopment@yahoogroups.com
        <scrumdevelopment@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

        > The following scrumdevelopment poll is now closed. Here are the
        > final results:
        >
        > POLL QUESTION: Would you like to have a Scrum Help Desk
        > to which you could sent questions and
        > from which you would get clear and
        > defined answers written by experienced
        > Scrum Masters?
        >
        > CHOICES AND RESULTS
        > - Yes - I would highly appreciate such a service, 8 votes, 40.00%
        > - Yes - I would appreciate such a service, 7 votes, 35.00%
        > - No - I would not like to have such a service, 5 votes, 25.00%
        > - No - I would not have such a service at all, 0 votes, 0.00%
        > - I do not care - stupid Idea, 0 votes, 0.00%
        >
        > For more information about this group, please visit
        > http://groups.yahoo.com/group/scrumdevelopment
        >
        > For help with Yahoo! Groups, please visit
        > http://help.yahoo.com/help/us/groups/

        > Yahoo! Groups Links

      • Steven Mak
        Message 3 of 22 , Nov 17, 2004
          haha...it's pretty obvious for new people like me to
          welcome to this service.... despite it can be very
          difficult to describe 'the whole' situation of the
          team and many of the implicit constraints and
          variables of the environment.

          Steven
          --- Hubert Smits <hubert.smits@...> wrote:

          > Hey, this is interesting. Five 'No' voters. Would
          > any of you explain
          > why you don't like the idea? Can it be adapted?
          >
          > And also 15 'Yessirs', Boris: how do we go about it?
          > Are we now hiring
          > handsome young folk to smile and answer phonecalls?
          >
          > --Hubert
          >

          > On 17 Nov 2004 02:58:09 -0000,
          > scrumdevelopment@yahoogroups.com
          > <scrumdevelopment@yahoogroups.com> wrote:
          > >

          > > The following scrumdevelopment poll is now closed.
          > Here are the
          > > final results:
          > >
          > > POLL QUESTION: Would you like to have a Scrum Help
          > Desk
          > > to which you could sent questions and
          > > from which you would get clear and
          > > defined answers written by experienced
          > > Scrum Masters?
          > >
          > > CHOICES AND RESULTS
          > > - Yes - I would highly appreciate such a service,
          > 8 votes, 40.00%
          > > - Yes - I would appreciate such a service, 7
          > votes, 35.00%
          > > - No - I would not like to have such a service, 5
          > votes, 25.00%
          > > - No - I would not have such a service at all, 0
          > votes, 0.00%
          > > - I do not care - stupid Idea, 0 votes, 0.00%
          > >
          > > For more information about this group, please
          > visit
          > > http://groups.yahoo.com/group/scrumdevelopment
          > >
          > > For help with Yahoo! Groups, please visit
          > > http://help.yahoo.com/help/us/groups/

          > scrumdevelopment@...
          > > Yahoo! Groups Links

          http://my.yahoo.com
        • Janet Traub
          Message 4 of 22 , Nov 17, 2004
            Hi folks,

            A lurker here...

            I voted NO because I like the current system--regular newsgroup
            threads. The proposed seems not worth the bother.

            Sure, the posting volume lately has been heavy, but for me the learning
            payback outweighs the effort of wading thru posts.

            Janet

            --- Steven Mak <tcmak@...> wrote:

            > haha...it's pretty obvious for new people like me to
            > welcome to this service.... despite it can be very
            > difficult to describe 'the whole' situation of the
            > team and many of the implicit constraints and
            > variables of the environment.
            >
            > Steven
            > --- Hubert Smits <hubert.smits@...> wrote:
            >
            > > Hey, this is interesting. Five 'No' voters. Would
            > > any of you explain
            > > why you don't like the idea? Can it be adapted?
            > >
            > > And also 15 'Yessirs', Boris: how do we go about it?
            > > Are we now hiring
            > > handsome young folk to smile and answer phonecalls?
            > >
            > > --Hubert
            > >

            > > On 17 Nov 2004 02:58:09 -0000,
            > > scrumdevelopment@yahoogroups.com
            > > <scrumdevelopment@yahoogroups.com> wrote:
            > > >

            > > > The following scrumdevelopment poll is now closed.
            > > Here are the
            > > > final results:
            > > >
            > > > POLL QUESTION: Would you like to have a Scrum Help
            > > Desk
            > > > to which you could sent questions and
            > > > from which you would get clear and
            > > > defined answers written by experienced
            > > > Scrum Masters?
            > > >
            > > > CHOICES AND RESULTS
            > > > - Yes - I would highly appreciate such a service,
            > > 8 votes, 40.00%
            > > > - Yes - I would appreciate such a service, 7
            > > votes, 35.00%
            > > > - No - I would not like to have such a service, 5
            > > votes, 25.00%
            > > > - No - I would not have such a service at all, 0
            > > votes, 0.00%
            > > > - I do not care - stupid Idea, 0 votes, 0.00%
            > > >
            > > > For more information about this group, please
            > > visit
            > > > http://groups.yahoo.com/group/scrumdevelopment
            > > >
            > > > For help with Yahoo! Groups, please visit
            > > > http://help.yahoo.com/help/us/groups/

            > > scrumdevelopment@...
            > > > Yahoo! Groups Links

            > http://my.yahoo.com

            > --------------------~-->
            > http://us.click.yahoo.com/L5YrjA/eSIIAA/yQLSAA/9EfwlB/TM

            The all-new My Yahoo! - Get yours free!
            http://my.yahoo.com
          • Deb
            Message 5 of 22 , Nov 17, 2004
              Is a sample of 20 on a list of 1000 statistically significant?
              While I myself find the helpdesk idea interesting, I can't help but
              wonder if we are asking the right question, to get so little response.
              Or is there something alienating about Yahoo polls?

              --- In scrumdevelopment@yahoogroups.com, Hubert Smits
              <hubert.smits@g...> wrote:
              > Hey, this is interesting. Five 'No' voters. Would any of you explain
              > why you don't like the idea? Can it be adapted?
              >
              > And also 15 'Yessirs', Boris: how do we go about it? Are we now hiring
              > handsome young folk to smile and answer phonecalls?
              >
              > --Hubert
              >

              > On 17 Nov 2004 02:58:09 -0000, scrumdevelopment@yahoogroups.com
              > <scrumdevelopment@yahoogroups.com> wrote:
              > >

              > > The following scrumdevelopment poll is now closed. Here are the
              > > final results:
              > >
              > > POLL QUESTION: Would you like to have a Scrum Help Desk
              > > to which you could sent questions and
              > > from which you would get clear and
              > > defined answers written by experienced
              > > Scrum Masters?
              > >
              > > CHOICES AND RESULTS
              > > - Yes - I would highly appreciate such a service, 8 votes, 40.00%
              > > - Yes - I would appreciate such a service, 7 votes, 35.00%
              > > - No - I would not like to have such a service, 5 votes, 25.00%
              > > - No - I would not have such a service at all, 0 votes, 0.00%
              > > - I do not care - stupid Idea, 0 votes, 0.00%
              > >
              > > For more information about this group, please visit
              > > http://groups.yahoo.com/group/scrumdevelopment
              > >
              > > For help with Yahoo! Groups, please visit
              > > http://help.yahoo.com/help/us/groups/

              > > Yahoo! Groups Links

            • Mike Cohn
              Message 6 of 22 , Nov 17, 2004
                The poll should be restricted to only those who might avail themselves of
                such a service. Those who are candidates for using it should vote yes or no.

                I don't know if there's anything alienating about Yahoo polls but, honestly,
                I've largely stopped reading over the last week or two as there was too much
                posting about too little.

                --Mike Cohn
                www.mountaingoatsoftware.com
                www.userstories.com

                <hubert.smits@g...> wrote:
                > Hey, this is interesting. Five 'No' voters. Would any of you explain
                > why you don't like the idea? Can it be adapted?
                >
                > And also 15 'Yessirs', Boris: how do we go about it? Are we now hiring
                > handsome young folk to smile and answer phonecalls?
                >
                > --Hubert
                >

                > On 17 Nov 2004 02:58:09 -0000, scrumdevelopment@yahoogroups.com
                > <scrumdevelopment@yahoogroups.com> wrote:
                > >

                > > The following scrumdevelopment poll is now closed. Here are the
                > > final results:
                > >
                > > POLL QUESTION: Would you like to have a Scrum Help Desk
                > > to which you could sent questions and
                > > from which you would get clear and
                > > defined answers written by experienced
                > > Scrum Masters?
                > >
                > > CHOICES AND RESULTS
                > > - Yes - I would highly appreciate such a service, 8 votes, 40.00%
                > > - Yes - I would appreciate such a service, 7 votes, 35.00%
                > > - No - I would not like to have such a service, 5 votes, 25.00%
                > > - No - I would not have such a service at all, 0 votes, 0.00%
                > > - I do not care - stupid Idea, 0 votes, 0.00%
                > >
                > > For more information about this group, please visit
                > > http://groups.yahoo.com/group/scrumdevelopment
                > >
                > > For help with Yahoo! Groups, please visit
                > > http://help.yahoo.com/help/us/groups/

                > > Yahoo! Groups Links

                Yahoo! Groups Links
              • Mike Dwyer
                Message 7 of 22 , Nov 17, 2004
                  It would seem that there are 15 folks out there who feel they could benefit
                  and are willing to brave the posting vigor this group can have.

                  Hey that is 15 more than we were aware of last week. Perhaps if we are as
                  helpful as we think we can be (and as these 15 hope we are) maybe there are
                  30 more folks out there lurking.

                  Michael F. Dwyer

                  Mike.Dwyer1@...

                  <hubert.smits@g...> wrote:
                  > Hey, this is interesting. Five 'No' voters. Would any of you explain
                  > why you don't like the idea? Can it be adapted?
                  >
                  > And also 15 'Yessirs', Boris: how do we go about it? Are we now hiring
                  > handsome young folk to smile and answer phonecalls?
                  >
                  > --Hubert
                  >

                  > On 17 Nov 2004 02:58:09 -0000, scrumdevelopment@yahoogroups.com
                  > <scrumdevelopment@yahoogroups.com> wrote:
                  > >

                  > > The following scrumdevelopment poll is now closed. Here are the
                  > > final results:
                  > >
                  > > POLL QUESTION: Would you like to have a Scrum Help Desk
                  > > to which you could sent questions and
                  > > from which you would get clear and
                  > > defined answers written by experienced
                  > > Scrum Masters?
                  > >
                  > > CHOICES AND RESULTS
                  > > - Yes - I would highly appreciate such a service, 8 votes, 40.00%
                  > > - Yes - I would appreciate such a service, 7 votes, 35.00%
                  > > - No - I would not like to have such a service, 5 votes, 25.00%
                  > > - No - I would not have such a service at all, 0 votes, 0.00%
                  > > - I do not care - stupid Idea, 0 votes, 0.00%
                  > >
                  > > For more information about this group, please visit
                  > > http://groups.yahoo.com/group/scrumdevelopment
                  > >
                  > > For help with Yahoo! Groups, please visit
                  > > http://help.yahoo.com/help/us/groups/

                  > > Yahoo! Groups Links

                  Yahoo! Groups Links
                • Mike Cohn
                  Message 8 of 22 , Nov 17, 2004
                    So, in other words, the help desk may help 4% of people on the list...

                    <hubert.smits@g...> wrote:
                    > Hey, this is interesting. Five 'No' voters. Would any of you explain
                    > why you don't like the idea? Can it be adapted?
                    >
                    > And also 15 'Yessirs', Boris: how do we go about it? Are we now hiring
                    > handsome young folk to smile and answer phonecalls?
                    >
                    > --Hubert
                    >

                    > On 17 Nov 2004 02:58:09 -0000, scrumdevelopment@yahoogroups.com
                    > <scrumdevelopment@yahoogroups.com> wrote:
                    > >

                    > > The following scrumdevelopment poll is now closed. Here are the
                    > > final results:
                    > >
                    > > POLL QUESTION: Would you like to have a Scrum Help Desk
                    > > to which you could sent questions and
                    > > from which you would get clear and
                    > > defined answers written by experienced
                    > > Scrum Masters?
                    > >
                    > > CHOICES AND RESULTS
                    > > - Yes - I would highly appreciate such a service, 8 votes, 40.00%
                    > > - Yes - I would appreciate such a service, 7 votes, 35.00%
                    > > - No - I would not like to have such a service, 5 votes, 25.00%
                    > > - No - I would not have such a service at all, 0 votes, 0.00%
                    > > - I do not care - stupid Idea, 0 votes, 0.00%
                    > >
                    > > For more information about this group, please visit
                    > > http://groups.yahoo.com/group/scrumdevelopment
                    > >
                    > > For help with Yahoo! Groups, please visit
                    > > http://help.yahoo.com/help/us/groups/

                    > > Yahoo! Groups Links

                    Yahoo! Groups Links

                    Yahoo! Groups Links
                  • Deb
                    Message 9 of 22 , Nov 17, 2004
                      --- In scrumdevelopment@yahoogroups.com, "Mike Cohn" <mike@m...> wrote:
                      Actually, I think Mike is reminding me of a rule of thumb commonly
                      applied to polls: for every voluntary respondent, there are X more who
                      share that opinion but did not respond. Or something like that.

                      I'm still wondering, though - is there a different question we should
                      be asking? Or a different flavour of this question?

                      Given the paucity of responses, I'd vote for "the simplest possible
                      implementation" of Practitioner'sHelpDesk, to test out the actual
                      response in practice.

                    • Mike Beedle
                      Message 10 of 22 , Nov 17, 2004

                        Mike Cohn wrote:

                        >I don't know if there's anything alienating about Yahoo polls but, honestly,
                        >I've largely stopped reading over the last week or two as there was too much
                        >posting about too little.

                        Mike:

                        I see a lot of enthusiasm, passion, good-will, eagerness to learn and share knowledge, …. and some long-lasting

                        perhaps even life-long friendships being developed as we speak.

                        Now, why should we stop all of that?

                        Maybe it is just me but I see a lot of positive things with just people exchanging ideas, but then

                        again I am the eternal “critical but positive person” in the room.

                        My choice would be to let people with questions just ask questions *any way they want to*, serendipitously,

                        unorganized, unstructured, …. let it be the way it has always been.

                        I take this opportunity to thank all of you for your increased and passionate participation in the Scrum group.

                        And to those of you that complain about too much traffic, simply start using you email client to organize the theads

                        and be selective or take a course on speed-reading J

                        - Mike

                      • Boris Gloger
                        Message 11 of 22 , Nov 18, 2004
                          Hi Mike,

                          yes I agree - obviously is nobody (20 out of 1000 is mostly nobody)
                          willing to say - yes or no to the idea I proposed. Is fine with me,
                          makes me only wonder who is actually doing Scrum.

                          Well - Lets start a poll ....

                          Boris
                        • Deb
                          Message 12 of 22 , Nov 18, 2004
                            Boris - you almost excluded me from your poll! :-)

                            If you asked this next month, I would not have been able to answer in
                            any category... my last Scrum project being 7 months ago. Right now
                            I'm a guerilla on a "chaos" project, not sure just when I'll get to do
                            Scrum next.

                            I'd like to see the following addition: I was involved in a Scrum
                            project more than 6 months ago. I believe you can add items while the
                            poll is in progress?

                            I'm sure you didn't do it on purpose - you know I'd hunt you down! lol
                            Thanks
                            deb

                            (PS: this is exactly the question I was wondering, too :-)

                            --- In scrumdevelopment@yahoogroups.com, Boris Gloger
                            <boris.gloger@g...> wrote:
                            > Hi Mike,
                            >
                            > yes I agree - obviously is nobody (20 out of 1000 is mostly nobody)
                            > willing to say - yes or no to the idea I proposed. Is fine with me,
                            > makes me only wonder who is actually doing Scrum.
                            >
                            > Well - Lets start a poll ....
                            >
                            > Boris
                          • Michael Vizdos
                            Message 13 of 22 , Nov 18, 2004
                              ... Still lurking and waiting to see where this goes.  I did not vote but personally feel that this board should be able to answer a lot of the questions people have -- I have seen some very valuable input in the past that I have been able to apply.

                               Thank you,

                              - Mike Vizdos

                              href="http://help.yahoo.com/help/us/groups/">http://help.yahoo.com/help/us/groups/

                              scrumdevelopment@e...
                              > > To Unsubscribe, send a blank message
                              to:
                              > > Yahoo! Groups
                              Links

                              Yahoo! Groups Links

                            • mike.dwyer1@comcast.net
                              Message 14 of 22 , Nov 18, 2004
                                I am curious as to what your hesitancy is.
                                No ranting or esoteria intended, it is just interesting to me that with all that goes on in this joint, you haven't found a tune that makes you want to stand up and dance.

                                What this means to me is that the bag of tools we have, haven't met your needs, fit the problem you have, or lit your interest/curiosity.  IMHO we need to better understand if we are to do our job.

                                --
                                Mike Dwyer

                                "I Keep six faithful serving-men
                                Who serve me well and true:
                                Their names are What and Where and When
                                And How and Why and Who." - Kipling

                                <hubert.smits@g...> wrote:
                                > Hey, this is interesting. Five 'No' voters. Would any of you explain
                                > why you don't like the idea? Can it be adapted?
                                >
                                > And also 15 'Yessirs', Boris: how do we go about it? Are we now hiring
                                > handsome young folk to smile and answer phonecalls?
                                >
                                > --Hubert
                                >

                                > On 17 Nov 2004 02:58:09 -0000, scrumdevelopment@yahoogroups.com
                                > <scrumdevelopment@yahoogroups.com> wrote:
                                > >

                                > > The following scrumdevelopment poll is now closed.  Here are the
                                > > final results:
                                > >
                                > > POLL QUESTION: Would you like to have a Scrum Help Desk
                                > > to which you could sent questions and
                                > > from which you would get clear and
                                > > defined answers written by experienced
                                > > Scrum Masters?
                                > >
                                > > CHOICES AND RESULTS
                                > > - Yes - I would highly appreciate such a service, 8 votes, 40.00%
                                > > - Yes - I would appreciate such a service, 7 votes, 35.00%
                                > > - No - I would not like to have such a service, 5 votes, 25.00%
                                > > - No - I would not have such a service at all, 0 votes, 0.00%
                                > > - I do not care - stupid Idea, 0 votes, 0.00%
                                > >
                                > > For more information about this group, please visit
                                > > http://groups.yahoo.com/group/scrumdevelopment
                                > >
                                > > For help with Yahoo! Groups, please visit
                                > > http://help.yahoo.com/help/us/groups/

                                > > Yahoo! Groups Links

                                Yahoo! Groups Links

                              • Michael Vizdos
                                Message 15 of 22 , Nov 18, 2004
                                  Hi Mike D.,

                                  I would not call my lurking hesitancy. I really am learning a lot from these threads (as I am almost sure a lot of people are doing here), even if sometimes they get into minutiae -- or dare I say "religious wars" (ducking now).  That being said, I will continue contributing more when I see there is something for me to contribute; I monitor quite a few groups and learn a ton from this one on a daily basis.

                                  This groups seems to be providing for what *I* need... mainly, information about what is going on in the Scrum community, what the current "hot buttons" include, and new tips/techniques for working with different stakeholders on the teams.  It's good to see the core people communicating on here, and maybe the rest of the 1000+ people on here can start doing the same (including me).... but then imagine the traffic (smile).

                                  Now, for the rest of the lurkers on the board, who can say :).  This is just my little opinion.

                                  - mike V.
                                    CSM

                                  ============

                                  <hubert.smits@g...> wrote:
                                  > Hey, this is interesting. Five 'No' voters. Would any of you explain
                                  > why you don't like the idea? Can it be adapted?
                                  >
                                  > And also 15 'Yessirs', Boris: how do we go about it? Are we now hiring
                                  > handsome young folk to smile and answer phonecalls?
                                  >
                                  > --Hubert
                                  >

                                  > On 17 Nov 2004 02:58:09 -0000, scrumdevelopment@yahoogroups.com
                                  > <scrumdevelopment@yahoogroups.com> wrote:
                                  > >

                                  > > The following scrumdevelopment poll is now closed.  Here are the
                                  > > final results:
                                  > >
                                  > > POLL QUESTION: Would you like to have a Scrum Help Desk
                                  > > to which you could sent questions and
                                  > > from which you would get clear and
                                  > > defined answers written by experienced
                                  > > Scrum Masters?
                                  > >
                                  > > CHOICES AND RESULTS
                                  > > - Yes - I would highly appreciate such a service, 8 votes, 40.00%
                                  > > - Yes - I would appreciate such a service, 7 votes, 35.00%
                                  > > - No - I would not like to have such a service, 5 votes, 25.00%
                                  > > - No - I would not have such a service at all, 0 votes, 0.00%
                                  > > - I do not care - stupid Idea, 0 votes, 0.00%
                                  > >
                                  > > For more information about this group, please visit
                                  > > http://groups.yahoo.com/group/scrumdevelopment
                                  > >
                                  > > For help with Yahoo! Groups, please visit
                                  > > http://help.yahoo.com/help/us/groups/

                                  > > Yahoo! Groups Links

                                  Yahoo! Groups Links

                                • Mike Dwyer
                                  Message 16 of 22 , Nov 18, 2004

                                    Thanks for the reply Mike.

                                    Looking forward to the day *I* gain from your thoughts.

                                    (This does not count as a rant.  A tweak maybe, but not a rant.    ;^)

                                    Michael F. Dwyer

                                    Mike.Dwyer1@...

                                    <hubert.smits@g...> wrote:
                                    > Hey, this is interesting. Five 'No' voters. Would any of you explain
                                    > why you don't like the idea? Can it be adapted?
                                    >
                                    > And also 15 'Yessirs', Boris: how do we go about it? Are we now hiring
                                    > handsome young folk to smile and answer phonecalls?
                                    >
                                    > --Hubert
                                    >

                                    > On 17 Nov 2004 02:58:09 -0000, scrumdevelopment@yahoogroups.com
                                    > <scrumdevelopment@yahoogroups.com> wrote:
                                    > >

                                    > > The following scrumdevelopment poll is now closed.  Here are the
                                    > > final results:
                                    > >
                                    > > POLL QUESTION: Would you like to have a Scrum Help Desk
                                    > > to which you could sent questions and
                                    > > from which you would get clear and
                                    > > defined answers written by experienced
                                    > > Scrum Masters?
                                    > >
                                    > > CHOICES AND RESULTS
                                    > > - Yes - I would highly appreciate such a service, 8 votes, 40.00%
                                    > > - Yes - I would appreciate such a service, 7 votes, 35.00%
                                    > > - No - I would not like to have such a service, 5 votes, 25.00%
                                    > > - No - I would not have such a service at all, 0 votes, 0.00%
                                    > > - I do not care - stupid Idea, 0 votes, 0.00%
                                    > >
                                    > > For more information about this group, please visit
                                    > > http://groups.yahoo.com/group/scrumdevelopment
                                    > >
                                    > > For help with Yahoo! Groups, please visit
                                    > > http://help.yahoo.com/help/us/groups/

                                    > > Yahoo! Groups Links

                                    Yahoo! Groups Links

                                  • scrumdevelopment@yahoogroups.com
                                    Message 17 of 22 , Nov 21, 2004
                                      The following scrumdevelopment poll is now closed. Here are the
                                      final results:

                                      POLL QUESTION: That is your Chance to give us a picture
                                      about the acutally usage of Scrum,
                                      please Answer the following: I am/was a
                                      activitly involved in a project that
                                      runs Scrum,...

                                      CHOICES AND RESULTS
                                      - We run currently a Scrum project, 27 votes, 31.40%
                                      - I was involved in a Scrum project within the last month, 11 votes, 12.79%
                                      - I was involved within the last 3 month, 8 votes, 9.30%
                                      - I was involved within the last 6 month, 8 votes, 9.30%
                                      - I was never involed in a Scrum project., 14 votes, 16.28%
                                      - I will be involved in the next month, 9 votes, 10.47%
                                      - I will be involved within the next 6 month, 9 votes, 10.47%

                                      http://groups.yahoo.com/group/scrumdevelopment

                                      http://help.yahoo.com/help/us/groups/
                                    • Gary F
                                      Message 18 of 22 , Nov 22, 2004
                                        --- Mike Cohn <mike@...> wrote:
                                        > I don't know if there's anything alienating about Yahoo polls but,

                                        I find lots alienating or irritating about Yahoo's web site
                                        interaction, and hence I never bother with the polls.

                                        Gary

                                        http://my.yahoo.com
                                      • Gary F
                                        Message 19 of 22 , Nov 22, 2004
                                          --- Mike Beedle <beedlem@...> wrote:
                                          > And to those of you that complain about too much traffic, simply
                                          > start using you email client to organize the theads
                                          > and be selective or take a course on speed-reading :-)

                                          Unfortunately, not every mail client does a decent job of this. While
                                          upgrading clients is a good idea in general, it's not always easy or
                                          possible.

                                          Also, a number of email clients insert extra line breaks into the
                                          email, making speed reading - or at least skimming - quite difficult.

                                          Gary

                                          Message 20 of 22 , Nov 17, 2005
                                            The following scrumdevelopment poll is now closed. Here are the
                                            final results:

                                            POLL QUESTION: Is it okay to advertise on ScrumDevelopment for CSM courses?

                                            CHOICES AND RESULTS
                                            - Absolutely Not!, 10 votes, 17.54%
                                            - No Strong Opinion, 5 votes, 8.77%
                                            - Once after the course is posted on Control Chaos, 26 votes, 45.61%
                                            - Go for it! Advertising is good information!, 11 votes, 19.30%
                                            - Other - post a comment to the list with details., 5 votes, 8.77%

                                            Message 21 of 22 , Nov 20, 2005
                                              The following scrumdevelopment poll is now closed. Here are the
                                              final results:

                                              POLL QUESTION: That is your Chance to give us a picture about the acutally usage of Scrum, please Answer the following:

                                              I am/was a activitly involved in a project that runs Scrum,...

                                              CHOICES AND RESULTS
                                              - I am a CSM, we run a Scrum Project currently, 29 votes, 56.86%
                                              - We run a Scrum Project currently, 8 votes, 15.69%
                                              - I am a CSM, I was involved in a Scrum project within the last month, 4 votes, 7.84%
                                              - I was involved in a Scrum project within the last month, 0 votes, 0.00%
                                              - I am a CSM, I was involved within the last 3 month, 0 votes, 0.00%
                                              - I was involved within the last 3 month, 0 votes, 0.00%
                                              - I am a CSM, I was involved within the last 6 month, 1 votes, 1.96%
                                              - I was involved within the last 6 month, 0 votes, 0.00%
                                              - I am a CSM, I was never involed in a Scrum project., 3 votes, 5.88%
                                              - I was never involed in a Scrum project., 1 votes, 1.96%
                                              - I am a CSM, I will be involved in the next month, 0 votes, 0.00%
                                              - I will be involved in the next month, 0 votes, 0.00%
                                              - I am a CSM, I will be involved within the next 6 month, 2 votes, 3.92%
                                              - I will be involved within the next 6 month, 1 votes, 1.96%
                                              - I have not quite grasped Scrum yet, 2 votes, 3.92%

                                              Message 22 of 22 , Jan 2, 2007
                                                The following scrumdevelopment poll is now closed. Here are the
                                                final results:

                                                POLL QUESTION: Which tool / software do you use to manage your Scrum projects? How is the agile world organized ;-)

                                                CHOICES AND RESULTS
                                                - Paper - Flip charts, index cards, sticky notes, 36 votes, 29.51%
                                                - Excel - CSM training, adapted, own worksheets, 38 votes, 31.15%
                                                - Wiki - ScrumWiki, xWiki, 12 votes, 9.84%
                                                - XPlanner, 4 votes, 3.28%
                                                - Rally Dev, 2 votes, 1.64%
                                                - VersionOne, 4 votes, 3.28%
                                                - Scrum for Team System - Microsoft Visual Studio Team System Addon, 1 votes, 0.82%
                                                - TargetProcess, 0 votes, 0.00%
                                                - Project Management Software - MS Project or other adapted PM system, 4 votes, 3.28%
                                                - Own/Other, 21 votes, 17.21%