Re: [scrumdevelopment] Sprint Tracker

  • Malcolm Anderson
    Message 1 of 20 , Nov 22, 2011
      On Sat, Nov 19, 2011 at 5:06 AM, Riju Kansal <riju.kansal@...> wrote:

      Hi Charles,

      There is no doubt that our team is at an early stage in the maturity towards understanding and adapting Scrum. We are in our fifth sprint and except one team member there is no one formally trained or experienced in using scrum.

      But regarding this question it is very clear that we want to avoid this loss of information which is happening only due to the kind of XL template we have started using.

      Riju

      You say "it is very clear that we want to avoid this loss of information."

      What are you going to do with this information.  If you are not going to do something with it, any effort spent on capturing it is waste.
      If you have a time tracking system that the team is using to track it's hours spent then you already have that information.
      Why do you feel this information is so valuable you need to made the developers divert their effort from developing in order to double entry this information?

      Questions for the Scrum Master to ask:
      "Who wants this data?" (not "management" but "john")
      "Why does this person want this data?" (you'll have to ask "john")

      I am sure that going forward as we mature we may not need this info at all. But at this stage we think we cannot avoid it.

      Thanks,
      Riju VK

      On 19 Nov 2011, at 05:47, Charles Bradley - Scrum Coach CSM PSM I <chuck-lists2@...> wrote:

      Riju,

      We need to get to the root problem here.

      Is the *only* reason you want the "hours spent" so that you can retrospect on it?

      Or are there other reasons you feel the need to track "hours spent"?

      -------
      Charles Bradley, CSM, PSM I
      Experienced Scrum Coach