Re: [scrumdevelopment] Re: Maintenance Projects? (Re: Scrum Exception Cases Summary for fee

  • mj4scrum@gmail.com
    Message 1 of 5 , Nov 1, 2011
      On Nov 1, 2011, at 3:03 PM, Gary Brown <glbrown@...> wrote:

      > I meant defects found in production. Yes, it is unplanned work. For
      > me personally, I would probably put in some extra time to fix it.

      How much extra time before you'd discuss it with the Product Owner? I've seen too many quick fixes turn into all nighters or cause regression failures.

      --mj

      Sent from a phone that often corrects words I tapped to words I may not have meant.
    • Gary Brown
      Message 2 of 5 , Nov 1, 2011
        Quoting "mj4scrum@..." <mj4scrum@...>:

        > On Nov 1, 2011, at 3:03 PM, Gary Brown <glbrown@...> wrote:
        >

        >> I meant defects found in production. Yes, it is unplanned work. For
        >> me personally, I would probably put in some extra time to fix it.
        >
        > How much extra time before you'd discuss it with the Product Owner?
        > I've seen too many quick fixes turn into all nighters or cause
        > regression failures.

        An amount of time that seemed reasonable to me. I'm not a beginner
        and I think I have a pretty good sense for when I have fallen down the
        rabbit hole. 8^)

        GB.

        > --mj
        >
        > Sent from a phone that often corrects words I tapped to words I may
        > not have meant.

      • Henry Situ
        Message 3 of 5 , Nov 1, 2011
          Hi Scrum Development Team,
          A Scrum Coach opportunity is available in Garland, Texas.

          This role would run the scrum of scrum meetings to solve problems with
          the team.  There are approximately 9 scrum teams, each with ~10 team
          members.  6 teams are in Garland, TX, and 3 are in Billerica, MA.
          The team is ready for you to start as soon as you are available.
          If you are not near Garland, there's flexibility in travelling to
          Garland each week.

          Would you please send me your resume or the resume of anyone you know
          who is interested to wesid@...?

          Thanks.