RE: [scrumdevelopment] Re: Maintenance Projects? (Re: Scrum Exception Cases Summary for feedbac

  • Barlotta, Michael [USA]
    Message 1 of 15 , Oct 28, 2011

      I’ll jump in regarding maint etc.

      We have a program which consists of multiple projects.

      Some projects are under major development efforts. There are goals to be met and release plans consisting of multiple sprints. We use scrum and have a team that is “mostly” consistent.

      Other projects are in O&M. By contract they have so many “patches” that are released per year.

      For the most part the DR/bugs are not urgent. The releases for these can be very ad hoc regarding release dates, number of bugs fixed, and how consistent team works that effort vs. others. The team (of 1 or 2) is less consistent. So a sprint plan seems overkill (to many on the team) as many will work on the larger efforts and the patch is not as pressing.  A patch release could go out with 5 or 10 DRs and usually that is ok. Or it could go out with 10 DRs this month or next month.

      Hope that makes some amount of sense.

      Mike