ANN: "Agility for the Long Haul": Interview with Chris Sterling

  • Gil Broza
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 20, 2011
      One of the comments I often hear from Agile teams is:
      "We need marketing and sales and the business units and
      operations to also be agile so we can *really* make an
      impact."

      Indeed, even "hyper-productive" Agile team(s) can have
      a limited effect on the organization's throughput due to
      downstream and upstream functions.

      What sometimes happens a couple of years after the
      initial euphoria of Agile adoption, the process and the
      codebase start to atrophy or degrade.

      Join me on November 1st as I interview Chris Sterling,
      author of "Managing Software Debt". Our interview is
      titled, "Spot On Business: Agility for the Long Haul".
      We'll discuss:

      - Why current Agile team performance does not guarantee
      future organizational results

      - What it takes to optimize across the entire value chain

      - Which visibility matters across dependent teams and
      projects

      - How to speak in dollars and dates without going
      against Agile principles

      - Strategies for integrating quality in the business
      decision making process

      - How to destroy Agility without even trying

      As usual in 3P Vantage's "Spot On" interview series,
      attendance is free and if you miss it, you'll get the
      recording afterwards.

      Put yourself on the attendee list at:

      http://www.3pvantage.com/csterling/saveMySeat.php?ver=YSD#reg

      Gil Broza
      Author of the upcoming book, "The Human Side of Agile Management"

      P.S. I'd like to suggest that your senior management might
      be interested in attending. You (and they) will learn some
      things from this interview that can put your Scrum/Agile
      implementation on stronger footing.

      The link again: http://www.3pvantage.com/csterling/saveMySeat.php?ver=YSD#reg