Scrum exception cases

  • nicolaslochet
    Message 1 of 56 , Oct 12, 2011
      Hi all,

      I have more or less been working alongside Agile practices for some time but only recently really moved to truly trying to apply practices such as Scrum.

      Based on your experience I was wondering if I should be aware of some situations where Scrum would not be adapted (context of projects, types of projects, team members and so on an so forth).
      Do you think Scrum could work in any situation?
      What are the main risks or issues you encountered while applying Scrum?

      Thanks for your insights!
      Message 56 of 56 , Nov 7, 2011
        I think the point of saying it is not Scrum is to try to tell the truth, and that's a pretty good point in my mind.  Not only is it morally beneficial, but it's also beneficial in that it educates people who don't know any better than to say "everything is Scrum if you can use the word 'Scrum' in a sentence." (or "everything is Agile if....")

        Scrum might derive from ideas at Toyota and in Lean principles, but that doesn't not make it the same thing.  Some scientists say that we are derived from Apes.  Does that make us Apes?  Is it worth quibbling over whether the animal behind the door you're about to open is a person or an Ape?  My guess is yes.

        -------
        Charles Bradley, CSM, PSM I
        Experienced Scrum Coach