Agile Implementation - where to find samples?

  • vikram.sharma12388
    Message 1 of 8 , Oct 6, 2011
      Hi,

      I am new to this group.

      Working as PM currently and planning to implement Agile in our organization. Can I have the details of implementation for a few projects? I mean a couple of sample projects, where Agile implementation information is given.

      Looking at the huge no. of messages, this should have been discussed here but not sure of where.

      Can anyone help to find this information?

      Thanks,
      Vikram
    • Michael Mallete

        Message 3 of 8 , Oct 7, 2011
          Re: [scrumdevelopment] Agile Implementation - where to find samples? Hello vikram,

          Based on your current understanding of how Scrum works, what sort of details would you like?

          chet

          Hi,

          I am new to this group.

          Working as PM currently and planning to implement Agile in our organization. Can I have the details of implementation for a few projects? I mean a couple of sample projects, where Agile implementation information is given.

          Looking at the huge no. of messages, this should have been discussed here but not sure of where.

          Can anyone help to find this information?

          Thanks,
          Vikram

          No virus found in this message.
          Checked by AVG -
          www.avg.com
          No virus found in this message.
          Checked by AVG -
          www.avg.com

          Best regards,
           Chet Hendrickson
          mailto:lists@...
           Check out our upcoming CSM Plus courses @
        • Laurent Bossavit
          Message 4 of 8 , Oct 7, 2011
            Hello Vikram,

            There are many, many Agile experience reports out there.

            Go to the Agile2011 conference Website, follow the link for "Program",
            then "Explore sessions", finally filter by type to select only
            "Insights - Experience reports". For your convenience here is the
            direct URL:

            http://program2011.agilealliance.org/overview/type/insights+-+experience+reports

            Click on any session title to see more info. In the detail
            information, many sessions will have a "URL" field; you can click that
            to see the slide deck.

            (The Agile Alliance is working on making it equally easy to access
            experience reports from past conferences.

            For more, you can also Google "Agile experience report".

            Cheers,
            Laurent Bossavit
          • Vikram Sharma
            Message 5 of 8 , Oct 7, 2011
              Thanks for the mail, Chet. I am looking for
              a.  1. .      How Agile was planned, awareness was made and the cultural change brought in an organization
              b.2.   Sample Agile Implementation projects – which gives the workflow of the project execution process.

              Regards,
              Avikram

              Message 6 of 8 , Oct 8, 2011
                Hello Chet,

                I am looking for 2 aspects.

                a.     1. Implementing Agile methodology in an organization which has been using Waterfall for quite sometime
                b.    2.   Details of 2 or 3 projects which used Agile – including challenges, things to be taken care of etc.

                Message 7 of 8 , Oct 8, 2011
                  Thanks for the quick response, Laurent. Let me go through what you recommended.

                  Regards,
                  Ashiq

                  --- In scrumdevelopment@yahoogroups.com, Laurent Bossavit <lolists@...> wrote:

                  > Hello Vikram,
                  >
                  > There are many, many Agile experience reports out there.
                  >
                  > Go to the Agile2011 conference Website, follow the link for "Program",
                  > then "Explore sessions", finally filter by type to select only
                  > "Insights - Experience reports". For your convenience here is the
                  > direct URL:
                  >
                  > http://program2011.agilealliance.org/overview/type/insights+-+experience+reports
                  >
                  > Click on any session title to see more info. In the detail
                  > information, many sessions will have a "URL" field; you can click that
                  > to see the slide deck.
                  >
                  > (The Agile Alliance is working on making it equally easy to access
                  > experience reports from past conferences.
                  >
                  > For more, you can also Google "Agile experience report".
                  >
                  > Cheers,
                  > Laurent Bossavit

                • Wouter Lagerweij
                  Message 8 of 8 , Oct 8, 2011
                    Hi Vikram,

                    Many people have liked Hendrik Kniberg's short book 'Scrum and XP from the Trenches' (http://blog.crisp.se/2007/06/29/henrikkniberg/1183112040000), which is a nice and detailed look at a scrum implementation.
                    He's since discovered a number of areas where he thinks it could be better (see Beyond the trenches presentation, http://blog.crisp.se/2011/02/17/henrikkniberg/1297928460000).

                    A second, recent, book 'Lean from the Trenches' (http://www.crisp.se/henrik.kniberg/ScrumAndXpFromTheTrenches.pdf), takes a look at a more Lean oriented approach, in the same style. It's a nice look at an advanced agile implementation, with multiple teams working on the same project.

                    Wouter

                    --
                    Wouter Lagerweij         | wouter@...