Loading ...
Sorry, an error occurred while loading the content.

Re: [kanbandev] Re: Improved Productivity after introducing Kanban to a team using Scrum

Expand Messages
  • Andrew Pham
    ... Hi Alexis, Yes that will be great, especially if we can also add Ashish s experience in transitioning from Scrum to a Kanban style process, as he mentioned
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 6, 2011
    • 0 Attachment
      On Thu, Oct 6, 2011 at 8:22 PM, Alexis Hui <alexis.hui@...> wrote:
       

      Is there a common repository where we track case studies? Would be great to have.


      Hi Alexis,
      Yes that will be great, especially if we can also add Ashish's experience in transitioning from Scrum to a Kanban style process, as he mentioned below, to this new repository....

      Hi Ashish,
      Do you have a copy of your Agile Open Socal 2010 presentation in which you talked about how to move your team from Scrum to a Kanban style process to share with some of us who did not attend that forum?

      All my best,

      Andrew Pham
      Author of
      Scrum in Action (Agile Project Management and Software Development in the Real-World)
      http://www.amazon.com/Scrum-Action-Andrew-Pham/dp/143545913X/ref=ntt_at_ep_dpi_1-1

      and of "Business-Driven IT-Wide Agile (Scrum) and/or Kanban Implementation" (upcoming)
       

      Sent from my iPad

      On Thu, Oct 6, 2011 at 1:23 PM, ashish_wrt <traderashish@...> wrote:
       

      Hi David,

      Most people, in my experience, start their agile effort with Scrum or "Scrum but" and then evolve from it either towards XP, Kanban or mostly a tailored hybrid Agile process.

      Agile being adaptive, that's how it should be, keep improving and keep evolving.

      Last year I presented to Agile Open Socal 2010 of my own very positive experience in transitioning from Scrum to Kanban style.

      Keep sharing.

      Ashish,
      AgileWrap,
      http://www.agilewrap.com
      http://www.bringingagility.com


    • Andrew Pham
      Hello Karl, Thank you for sharing these three short reports with us. Very interesting experiences in the trenches from Bruce, Tim and Claudio! Andrew Author of
      Message 2 of 3 , Oct 8, 2011
      • 0 Attachment
        Hello Karl,

        Thank you for sharing these three short reports with us.

        Very interesting experiences in the trenches from Bruce, Tim and Claudio! 

        Andrew 
        Author of Scrum in Action (Agile Project Management and Software Development in the Real-World)

        http://www.amazon.com/Scrum-Action-Andrew-Pham/dp/143545913X/ref=ntt_at_ep_dpi_1-1

        and of "Business-Driven IT-Wide Agile (Scrum) and/or Kanban Implementation" (upcoming)


        On Sat, Oct 8, 2011 at 3:33 AM, Karl Scotland <kjscotland@...> wrote:
         

        We have a page on the LWS wiki for Experience Reports.
        http://wiki.limitedwipsociety.org/display/ltdwip/Experience+Reports

        However, finding people to step up and help maintain the wiki has been challenging.

        Karl

        On 7 October 2011 02:22, Alexis Hui <alexis.hui@...> wrote:
        Is there a common repository where we track case studies? Would be great to have.

        Sent from my iPad

        ------------------------------------

        Yahoo! Groups Links
        --
        Karl Scotland
        Lean & Agile Coach
        http://www.availagility.co.uk/
         
      • Andrew Pham
        Hello Ashish, Thanks for the positive feedback. Please send your presentation of how you transition from Scrum to a Kanban style process to everyone at the
        Message 3 of 3 , Oct 8, 2011
        • 0 Attachment
          Hello Ashish,

          Thanks for the positive feedback. Please send your presentation of how you transition from Scrum to a Kanban style process to everyone at the same time for their reading!

          All my best,

          Andrew Pham
          Author of
          Scrum in Action (Agile Project Management and Software Development in the Real-World)
          http://www.amazon.com/Scrum-Action-Andrew-Pham/dp/143545913X/ref=ntt_at_ep_dpi_1-1

          and of "Business-Driven IT-Wide Agile (Scrum) and/or Kanban Implementation" (upcoming)


          On Sat, Oct 8, 2011 at 6:50 PM, ashish_wrt <traderashish@...> wrote:

          Will send soon. Thanks.


          --- In scrumdevelopment@yahoogroups.com, Andrew Pham <andrewpham74@...> wrote:
          >
          > On Thu, Oct 6, 2011 at 8:22 PM, Alexis Hui <alexis.hui@...> wrote:
          >
          > > **
          > >
          > >
          > > Is there a common repository where we track case studies? Would be great to
          > > have.
          > >
          >
          > Hi Alexis,
          > Yes that will be great, especially if we can also add Ashish's experience in
          > transitioning from Scrum to a Kanban style process, as he mentioned below,
          > to this new repository....
          >
          > Hi Ashish,
          > Do you have a copy of your Agile Open Socal 2010 presentation in which you
          > talked about how to move your team from Scrum to a Kanban style process to
          > share with some of us who did not attend that forum?
          >
          > All my best,
          >
          > Andrew Pham
          > Author of *Scrum in Action** (Agile Project Management and Software
          > Development in the Real-World*)
          > http://www.amazon.com/Scrum-Action-Andrew-Pham/dp/143545913X/ref=ntt_at_ep_dpi_
          > *1*<http://www.amazon.com/Scrum-Action-Andrew-Pham/dp/143545913X/ref=ntt_at_ep_dpi_1>
          > -1
          >
          > and of *"Business-Driven IT-Wide Agile (Scrum) and/or Kanban Implementation"
          > **(upcoming)*
          >
          >
          > Sent from my iPad
          >
          > >  On Thu, Oct 6, 2011 at 1:23 PM, ashish_wrt <traderashish@...>wrote:
          > >
          > >
          > > Hi David,
          > >
          > > Most people, in my experience, start their agile effort with Scrum or
          > > "Scrum but" and then evolve from it either towards XP, Kanban or mostly a
          > > tailored hybrid Agile process.
          > >
          > > Agile being adaptive, that's how it should be, keep improving and keep
          > > evolving.
          > >
          > > Last year I presented to Agile Open Socal 2010 of my own very positive
          > > experience in transitioning from Scrum to Kanban style.
          > >
          > > Keep sharing.
          > >
          > > Ashish,
          > > AgileWrap,
          > > http://www.agilewrap.com
          > > http://www.bringingagility.com
          > >
          > >
          >



        Your message has been successfully submitted and would be delivered to recipients shortly.