Re: Training for all scrum members

  • Emma Garland
    Message 1 of 17 , Oct 3, 2011

      Thanks everyone for your replies. I took a lot from the answers, and fed back to my team who took on board all the replies.

      I think essentially it is apparent that we need more agile training, to establish a common vocabulary, and make sure everyone is up to scratch with scrum. It was also an interesting idea to have a team library and to get a consultant in to train us for a few days. I summarized the main points and look forward to us rolling out some of the ideas over the coming sprints.

      Thanks
      Emma

    • mcleaper
      Message 2 of 17 , Oct 3, 2011
        I really like door number 1 " having a consultant" come in and train everyone. Door number 2 has real disadvantages. I can't quote the studies off the top of my head but I know that someone that goes to training only picks up a small % of that training and to compound that by having them train the others is not a real good solution. A good start is so important that I would highly suggest the best training that the company can reasonably afford.