Re: [scrumdevelopment] Time of daily scrum?

  • Hariprakash Agrawal
    Message 1 of 7 , Sep 27, 2011
      I prefer it immediate after lunch for following reasons:

      1. In Bangalore, usually due to traffic situations, arrival time is usually not 100% sure hence morning time is bit difficult :)
      2. People have their own chores at home and arrive office at their own hours but usually before 10:30 AM but still morning time again becomes a problem
      3. Mostly team members go for lunch together and most individuals (including me) dont feel like working immediate after lunch hence it becomes more productive in some way
      4. I have done it with more than 10-15 teams however each team has liberty to choose their own time and I respect.
      5. My major concern is that team members should not wait for each other to arrive and loose time. If we decide on a time than without much reminding, they should be on time and waiting time should be ZERO.

      Regards,
      Hariprakash Agrawal (Hari),
      Managing Director | Agile Coach |
      http://opcord.com | http://www.linkedin.com/in/hariprakash
      Manual / Automated Testing using Sahi, Selenium, AutoIT, TestMaker, JMeter, QTP, LoadRunner, VB/Java Script || Mobile Apps Development using Android/J2ME || Consulting / Trainings on Agile, CMMi, Six Sigma, Project Management, Software Testing, Android and Embedded Systems

      On Mon, Sep 26, 2011 at 3:52 PM, scrummember77 <owainthomas@...> wrote:

      Hi

      I was wondering if anyone had experimented with different times for the daily scrum. We have two teams working with individual scrums at 9.30 and 9.45 (scrummasters for each might attend the other's standup as an observer/chicken), do people see any benefit in holding these at other times of the day?