Re: [scrumdevelopment] Re: Test and documentation tasks at end of iteration

  • RonJeffries
    Message 1 of 114 , Sep 6, 2011
      Hi again, Frede,

      On Sep 6, 2011, at 5:06 PM, frede_swe wrote:

      No, we may fail to complete 2-3 PBIs out of 10-15 but it's still failure even if we miss 1. I need a way to handle the scenario I just described.

      It's not great, but it is far from "failure". It is something that needs improvement. Your retrospectives will help. Doing tests first and documentation in parallel is the best approach that I know at present.

      Yin and Yang I figure.
        -- Tom Jeffries

    • Johanna Rothman
      Message 114 of 114 , Sep 15, 2011
        Capers has data that says by the 6 month mark more than 80% of the requirements change. I think this is from the _Assessments of Software Risks..._ book.

        Johanna

        On Sep 15, 2011, at 3:14 AM, Keith Ray wrote:

        Even waterfall projects that attempted to "fix" requirements had 20% of the requirements change every quarter. (Capers-Jones?)

        C. Keith Ray

        Amplify Your Agility
        Coaching | Training | Assessment | eLearning
        http://industriallogic.com

        On Sep 14, 2011, at 11:21 PM, Michael James <mj4scrum@...> wrote:

        > On Sep 12, 2011, at 7:03 AM, Lisa Sawyer wrote:
        >
        >> If I know that 85% is going to change between now and Beta, my time is better spent in other areas than to redo everything every week. If there is 15% change, then I have no problem.
        >
        > By the time a typical product is truly fit for use, nearly all of it will have been reworked at least once. I'm thinking this will only increase as users come to expect better fitting products.
        >
        > --mj
        > http://ScrumTrainingSeries.com

        Rothman Consulting Group, Inc.     781-641-4046

        Speaker, Author, Consultant - Managing Product Development

        http://www.ayeconference.com, Oct 30-Nov 3, 2011

        New: Manage Your Project Portfolio: Increase Your Capacity and Finish More Projects